Hi Woollys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Woollys!!

Hi everyone im Rachel and Im from St Helens - a real wool! 😁 Im just getting started with mountain biking - with that i mean i go for rides on a mountain bike - nothing extreme! Mainly canal rides and delamere forest!
    I need a push - something to make me buzz and I think being in a group would help me! No one i know enjoys bike riding like me and Im looking to challenge myself this year 💪🏻😁
    What fitness level and experience is needed to join or expected on a newbie ride?

Hi Rach, welcome!

We'll be running a newbie ride later this month, it will be about 12 miles of off road trails with a few decent climbs too.

You'll need a decent fitness level, ability to ride for a few hrs at a reasonable pace.

If you can do a few hours around Delamere and up old pale you should be fine.

Sent from my KC-S701 using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the forum Rachel. From your intro it sounds like the club will take you out of your comfort zone; which isn't a bad thing. Delamere will open your eyes when you learn the trails. Fitness is relative and the club is only looking for a reasonable level so that the slowest rider isn't hanging off the back and can keep a reasonable pace. If you are able to keep 18 mph on a mtb around Delamere, you should just about cut the mustard More seriously, get on Stu's newbie ride and see how your fare.

Edit - change your forum name otherwise you will be called Rachroo for ever more.

Comment

Welcome

another to try could be skyride at billinge, just to get a gauge
        I used to be faster...…...

Comment

[MENTION=896]Pringle Paul[/MENTION] 18mph around Delamere?!?!? Just checked a few of mine and they're all 7mph on club rides and that's excluding stopping. Even when we rode there our average wasn't that fast

welcome Rach, you don't have to be a racing snake but you do need to be out exercising regularly to be fit enough and able to do 2-3 hour rides without grinding to a halt. The local flat rides are much easier than full days in the mountains but we do both so you'll still get plenty out of the club so get on the next newbie intro ride.
          It's not the winning or the taking part that counts....it's the beer afterwards.

Comment

Welcome Rachel

Comment

Hi Rachel, a proper wool, love it.

I'm out midweek on a local ride from the waterside.

I work nights so usually ride
              about 8:30 if that's any use to you.

Mark ( a proper wool)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Neal View Post
                [MENTION=896]Pringle Paul[/MENTION] 18mph around Delamere?!?!? Just checked a few of mine and they're all 7mph on club rides and that's excluding stopping. Even when we rode there our average wasn't that fast
                Thats what passes for humour with me [MENTION=854]Neal[/MENTION]. I struggle to average 18 mph on the road bike

Comment

Hi rachel welcome to the club

Comment

Welcome Rachel, hope to see you out on a ride

Comment

Welcome Rachel. As suggested the tues skyride is on your doorstep and good fun to get out on.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome to the club Rachel.

Comment

Thanks for all your help and welcomings 😁 I think i might brave the newbie ride!
                            Im not completely unfit but im defo not an 18mph girl 😂
                            I suppose i better get practising then 😱🙂

Comment

Hi, and Welcome to the Club

Comment

Working...
                              X