Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello There from Lee

Hi, all!

I'd like to introduce myself, in a view to getting out eventually to do some off road cycling, and meeting some new folks!

I am a friend of Stu S on here and he recommended I take a look and join your club, as I have been looking to do some off road cycling but I don't really know where to go, and no one I know wants to put them selves down a rocky hill on a push bike

I have always been into cycling, but nothing serious! The most of my rides seem to be on the road, I try to do about 30 miles a week but incorporate hills into this. I live in Aspull so Haigh Hall is on my door step, so I cycle round there a lot, I go over to Rivington quite regular, its about a 25mile round trip from mine up sheep house lane into Belmont, the only off road bit I get though there is St Georges Lane, up to the Pike and then down the rocky road to the car park. I know this is one of the rides you do as a club, up to the pike.

I try to do a loop from mine that incorporates a few hills, so I will go and do Crank hill at Billinge, or Parbold hill but as I said it's normally on road. I've done a few distance rides, Manchester to Blackpool, Wigan to Southport, and did the Manchester to Blackpool this year but from home and back again so 120 miles total.

My Bike is nothing fancy it's a Halfrauds special (don't laugh it a Voodoo Aizan 29er, Ive give it a good bashing down Winterhill, and done nearly a 1000 miles over the last 12-18 months on it and touch wood it's not fell to bits! I'm sure after talking with Stu you lot could soon make it drop to bits, but I'm sure I will have fun trying.

If there are any spaces I would love to come this Saturday to do the Newby ride, but I have to clear it with missus first as we may have plans, if there are spaces, what would be the latest I could let you know?

Thanks for reading hope to see some of you soon.............

Lee.

Hi Lee

Welcome to the Woollybacks

See you on Saturday at Llandegla
    All the best

Comment

Welcome to the club pal

Comment

Hi lee and welcome, doesn't matter what bike you ride just enjoy it, I'm sure you, like most of us, will be looking to upgrade once the bug kicks in

Catch ya soon

Comment

Hello pal, glad to see you've signed up 😃

Don't worry what bike you're riding, it's all about getting out and having fun.... and there are loads of 0% finance deals 😂

If you're free any Tuesday nights we ride every week. Good way to meet a few members and get a sneaky post ride pint!

Sent from my KC-S701 using Tapatalk

Comment

Howdie fella

Comment

Welcome mate. Not heard a bad word about voodoo bikes and an expensive bike won't make you a better rider but getting out with the club will. Just don't copy the falls and crashes

Comment

You know I have an expensive hobby already Stu hahaha, ill have to stick with the old shove iron for now . Ill deffo come out on a Tuesday night though, what time do you play out, missus works till 7.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ticsmon View Post
                  Welcome mate. Not heard a bad word about voodoo bikes and an expensive bike won't make you a better rider but getting out with the club will. Just don't copy the falls and crashes
                  Thanks, mine seems to do okay at the moment, as for keeping upright well it seems to like falling over, nothing to do.with me of course!
                  Originally posted by Disco_Stu View Post
                  Hello pal, glad to see you've signed up 😃

Don't worry what bike you're riding, it's all about getting out and having fun.... and there are loads of 0% finance deals 😂

If you're free any Tuesday nights we ride every week. Good way to meet a few members and get a sneaky post ride pint!

Sent from my KC-S701 using Tapatalk

Comment

Meet ups are 6.45 and ride offs are at 7pm on the dot or very close to it
                    All the best

Comment

Welcome Lee!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                        Meet ups are 6.45 and ride offs are at 7pm on the dot or very close to it
                        Ok cool Thanks, I will try get out a few times then, but I will have to get the childer minded. Where do you meet, or does it vary?

Comment

Originally posted by Jelly legs View Post
                          Welcome Lee!
                          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TaZ View Post
                            Welcome to the club pal
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by R6 Phil View Post
                              Hi lee and welcome, doesn't matter what bike you ride just enjoy it, I'm sure you, like most of us, will be looking to upgrade once the bug kicks in

Catch ya soon
                              When I bend it or it falls apart 😂😂😂

Comment

Working...
                              X