Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro

Hi I'm Simon from Newton le Willows ,been riding for a while but nothing serious so thought I'd give it a go. Wud like to come along to Rivington to see how I get on

Originally posted by Si dog View Post
    Hi I'm Simon from Newton le Willows ,been riding for a while but nothing serious so thought I'd give it a go. Wud like to come along to Rivington to see how I get on

Welcome Si,

have you just been riding local ?

What you riding and how many miles do you usually do ?

i usually do a local loop on a Sunday 10-16 miles, and we do a regular Tuesday night right at billinge , but you need lights, good precursor to newbie ride if your not sure, and will help build fitness.

Nev
    I used to be faster...…...

Comment

Hi Nev,

I've just been riding locally on the canal paths and on some roads, just depends on the time I can get out . Not sure about how many miles but prob between 8 and 10 I think. That would be good to join you on a Sunday

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome Simon!

Comment

Originally posted by Si dog View Post
            Hi Nev,

I've just been riding locally on the canal paths and on some roads, just depends on the time I can get out . Not sure about how many miles but prob between 8 and 10 I think. That would be good to join you on a Sunday

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Welcome Simon, see you soon.
            Might be worth you riding up a few hills before the newbie ride as Rivington isn't flat at all, so may come as a bit of a shock
            All the best

Comment

Hi Simon welcome to the club

Comment

Welcome Simon
                Instagram

Strava

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                  Welcome Simon, see you soon.
                  Might be worth you riding up a few hills before the newbie ride as Rivington isn't flat at all, so may come as a bit of a shock
                  your not friendly after Scotland

I do agree though, if your not used to climbing a bit you could struggle.

hence why I suggested a few rides with that superhero....Nev .... gauge fitness and do a few hills see how you fare
                  I used to be faster...…...

Comment

Hi Simon,

As Screwloose mentioned earlier, the Tuesday Night Skyride is a good training route to try beforehand, as there is a little bit of everything that you're likely to encounter on the Noobie Ride.

Sky ride requires good lights though.

Comment

Hi Simon, hope to see you on a ride soon!

Comment

Welcome Simon!

Echoing the above, I'd recommend pushing your milage up to 15 or 20 especially if you're just canal bashing. Rivi is hilly 😀

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X