Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March intro ride sunday 25th rivington

this months intro ride will be rivington
    how membership works etc. see here:*http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/show...w-you-can-join

Meeting at the lower Rivington Barn right next to "Go Ape" (Rivington, Bolton, BL6 7SB Parking is FREE) at 9.00am for a 9.30am ride off we will do between 10 and 15 miles of trails including some testing hills (approx. 1500ft of ups), fast descents and some optional technical sections.

Members only earlies: Meeting at 8.00 at bottom barns, we will go and get an hour of shuttle runs and check the ground conditions for the ride. Expect 2/3 gardens runs with a flat pedal back to the cars*

Rivi is a fantastic area for mountain biking. There's so much to go at including really fast flowing descents, jumps and drops, very steep technical sections and more general cross country trails. The route on the day will be suitable for all riders and there will be no pressure for anyone to attempt anything they aren't comfortable with.

What to bring on the day?
    See the club equipment list:*http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/cont...rs-new-and-old
    It isn’t compulsory but its good advice. The essentials are:

•Helmet – this is rule #1: no lid = no ride
    •A well maintained mountain bike (Please don't turn up with a hybrid running semi slick tyres...)
    •Pump, innertube and spares like chain links/mech hangers
    •Food / water / extra layers and/or waterproofs and spare clothes for going home in

You will also need to print off one of these and complete just or write out the information:*http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/Wool...pForm16.pdf*We need this for emergency contact details on the day so don't forget. and a self addressed envolope

We can take up to seven riders so get your names down if you fancy it. If you do book on and then cant make it - we understand , sh1t happens - just be sure to let us know and we can give the place to someone else.

Riders:
    Mikep
    Andy eustance
    Alexmbr
    Keef
    Ticsmon
    Roger ???
    Discostu
    R6 phil
    Damo h

Intro riders
    Andy s
    Baggers
    Mtb paul
    Tizdaz
    Adamr
    Scottymtb

Originally posted by mikep
    this months intro ride will be rivington
    how membership works etc. see here:*http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/show...w-you-can-join

Meeting at the lower Rivington Barn right next to "Go Ape" (Rivington, Bolton, BL6 7SB Parking is FREE) at 9.00am for a 9.30am ride off we will do between 10 and 15 miles of trails including some testing hills (approx. 1500ft of ups), fast descents and some optional technical sections.

Members only earlies: Meeting at 8.00 at bottom barns, we will go and get an hour of shuttle runs and check the ground conditions for the ride. Expect 2/3 gardens runs with a flat pedal back to the cars*

Rivi is a fantastic area for mountain biking. There's so much to go at including really fast flowing descents, jumps and drops, very steep technical sections and more general cross country trails. The route on the day will be suitable for all riders and there will be no pressure for anyone to attempt anything they aren't comfortable with.

What to bring on the day?
    See the club equipment list:*http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/cont...rs-new-and-old
    It isn’t compulsory but its good advice. The essentials are:

•Helmet – this is rule #1: no lid = no ride
    •A well maintained mountain bike (Please don't turn up with a hybrid running semi slick tyres...)
    •Pump, innertube and spares like chain links/mech hangers
    •Food / water / extra layers and/or waterproofs and spare clothes for going home in

You will also need to print off one of these and complete just or write out the information:*http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/Wool...pForm16.pdf*We need this for emergency contact details on the day so don't forget. and a self addressed envolope

We can take up to seven riders so get your names down if you fancy it. If you do book on and then cant make it - we understand , sh1t happens - just be sure to let us know and we can give the place to someone else.

Riders:
    Count me in

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

I reckon I can make this. Put me down please.

Comment

Apologies for the recent Woolybacks sabbatical, this cold weather and a house move have taken there toll on my motivation!

Can I get myself down for this one?

Comment

Hi - joined a while back but not ridden yet... am I ok to get on this Intro ride?

Comment

Hi [MENTION=3460]Andy S[/MENTION] [MENTION=3337]Baggers[/MENTION] both names down

Comment

Should out for this Mike

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi im new to the group please can you put my name down for this ride

Comment

Hopefully be there to help out mike. Wife’s on nights that weekend though so might tell me I have to watch the kids. Sure I can talk her round though, I mean how hard is it for a 11 month old to make his own bottle and take himself to the toilet and look after his 8 month old sister. Kids these days don’t know they’re born !!!

Comment

Sorry, years not months. I forget with their behaviour sometimes

Comment

hi guys, i really want to make this, can you put my name down please

Comment

Morning all

I was a member a couple of years back but didn't get out with you much and my membership lapsed, but now I'm back out riding more often and moving near to Billinge soon I thought it was time to join up again

So, I'd like to come along on this ride please. However - a question, I've already arranged to ride with another lad on Sunday and don't want to leave him with no riding buddy... He doesn't intend to join the club but if he sorts out a form with next of kin contact details is it alright if he joins us please? We ride around Rivi often so happy to be completely self-sufficient.

Cheers in advance,
                        Adam (& Scott)

Edit: Cheers for adding us to the list - see you bright and early Sunday! I'll be riding down from just outside Chorley if anyone else is heading the same way (past Anglezarke res) and wants to meet up.

Comment

Gonna join you for this [MENTION=3118]mikep[/MENTION] and will be riding over from Haigh Hall on the Sunday morning.

Anyone other members interested, meet at the plantation gates near Wigan Hospital ready to ride at 0815hrs. If no one posts up I'll be doing a slightly different route into Haigh and wont pass the plantation gates so please let me know if you plan to come.

Comment

Hello All,

I'm the Scott, that Adam refers to on his post above! Hoping to come out this Saturday at Rivi with some of you if there's space! I'm more than happy to pay the membership fees to join up to, and join you all on rides when I'm able to in the future.

I'm not as good as Adam (he's a beast on the trails), but I can hold my own, and get out every weekend if I'm allowed

Cheers,

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Disco_Stu
                              Gonna join you for this [MENTION=3118]mikep[/MENTION] and will be riding over from Haigh Hall on the Sunday morning.

Anyone other members interested, meet at the plantation gates near Wigan Hospital ready to ride at 0815hrs. If no one posts up I'll be doing a slightly different route into Haigh and wont pass the plantation gates so please let me know if you plan to come.
                              Hi stu may join you but got ride up from warrington

Comment

Working...
                              X