Newbie's hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie's hello

Called in thatto cycles yesterday and they recommended you all to me as a good place to hang around on an evening, so i thought i'd sign up and say hello to everyone. I'm a middle aged mountain biker, live in St Helens and ride when i can fit it in around my family life. Hope to get out on a ride soon with some of you. (and i hope i can keep up!)

Alreet Col,

Welcome and look out for some of the NCR's. If you fancy one invite yourself along otherwise wait for next months newbie ride (this months was today so you just missed it).

Pol

Comment

Originally posted by stumpycol View Post
      Called in thatto cycles yesterday and they recommended you all to me as a good place to hang around on an evening, so i thought i'd sign up and say hello to everyone. I'm a middle aged mountain biker, live in St Helens and ride when i can fit it in around my family life. Hope to get out on a ride soon with some of you. (and i hope i can keep up!)
      Hi col.

Likewise col middle aged , ive young family and best of all a Stumpy . Welcome , I joined 4 months ago and the club is brill . Help , Advice and banter . Just watch for out postings

Comment

Hi Col,
        Do you have lights? (suitable for off road riding, not basic commuter lights)
        A lot of the shorter rides are on a night time through the week.

What is you base level of fitness? (e.g. not ridden for ages, go out once a week, etc. )

Hope to see you out soon.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Thanks for the greetings. I've been riding mtbs since 2004ish and had a decent fitness level, but after a hectic year or so my fitness slumped, put on about a stone and just got out of the habit of riding. But late last year two dramatic things happened 1, all my mates got bikes, and 2, got some hope 4s. It's a lot easier to find the momentum to get out on a night after work when your mates are at the door. Instead of my recent attitude, open garage door, look out, say "ah stuff it i'll have a beer instead, close garage door. So getting back to it now and building up my fitness levels again. Give it a bit then i'll get out with you all, probably around carr mill (where i am out a sunday morning now anyway). Cheers.
            Last edited by stumpycol; 17-01-2011, 16:54.

Comment

Originally posted by stumpycol View Post
              Thanks for the greetings. I've been riding mtbs since 2004ish and had a decent fitness level, but after a hectic year or so my fitness slumped, put on about a stone and just got out of the habit of riding. But late last year two dramatic things happened 1, all my mates got bikes, and 2, got some hope 4s. It's a lot easier to find the momentum to get out on a night after work when your mates are at the door. Instead of my recent attitude, open garage door, look out, say "ah stuff it i'll have a beer instead, close garage door. So getting back to it now and building up my fitness levels again. Give it a bit then i'll get out with you all, probably around carr mill (where i am out a sunday morning now anyway). Cheers.
              This post certainly describes many club members stories about how they joined including me.
              Welcome and if you see a couple of MTBers round Carr Mill just shout Woollies and you never know
              sigpicSingle Speed, Full Suss and now...... ON FOOT ! Whatever next?

Comment

Working...
              X