another newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another newbie

Hi all, just signed up to the club. i just thought i would say hello and that i will be looking to get out on a newbie ride a.s.a.p. i was riding regular until recently with a guy from work but have become fed up with the no shows, so am looking forward to getting out with some new mountain bikers to see if i am any good at it after all

welcome matey.

Comment

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Comment

thanks guys, wasnt expecting any eplies so quickly.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

welcome chad In the mean time ,invite yourself onto a non club ride anytime (ncr) just keep an eye out for them on the forum

Comment

Going lee quarry tomorow if you want to join us
              on the seventh day he rode ,and the lord said to me come fourth and i shall give you eternal life, i came fifth and won a toaster.

I dont get flashbacks i'm still there

Comment

thanks for the invite. i was at llandegla yesterday and then on the pop last night, so fit for nothing this morning. will definately be up for something next weekend though. i will check the ncr's this week

Comment

do you have lights (good enough for off road use? commuter lights are not good enough)

A lot of the NCRs are night rides.
                  We do a regular training ride each week, you would be welcome to tag along.

Comment

no lights but can get some. do you have any recomendations

Comment

Depends on budget.

Hope 4s are highly recommended but @ around £240 they are quite expensive.
                      The light coverage, quality and warranty care do make this worth it over time.
                      Lots of club members use these lights.

Magicshine (AKA Hong Kong Phooies ) do a series of lights.
                      The early versions had bad sealing on battery but the later versions are much better sealed.
                      Lots of members also use these lights

I would get them from a UK supplier 'cos the china suppliers will take about 6-8 weeks (it will be light by then )

e.g. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Magicshine-Bik...ht_3749wt_1042

Here is a thread discussing the HKPs

http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/show...ight=hong+kong

Comment

thanks mate, i will have to see how deep my pockets are for the hopes. but i will defo check both out. i do a few road sessions to work and back each week (9 miles each way) so weekdays aren't a massive problem and i am usually ok for sat or sun most weeks so can just concentrate on them till i sort some out

Comment

Welcome Chad.

I rode past your place (Aintree) this morning along the Leeds Liverpool canal on route to Crosby's Iron Men and up the coast on the beach to Ainsdale (apart from past Altcar) then back home along the Cheshire Lines into a bloody head wind, still it was a good work out and home for bacon butties.

Hope to see you soon.
                          All the best

Comment

usually do that one the other way round but i no the pain of the head wind either way

Comment

Be careful what you say about the Cheshire Lines as the club hate it. I used to lead it as a Thursday night ride a year or three back but they think it's crap & boring.

What they don't realise I got all my fitness from it as that head wind (even on calm days) is like riding up a 5 mile long hill.
                              All the best

Comment

Working...
                              X