Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all

Another newbie here.

Live in Newton-le-Willows and wanting to get in on the action, as so far my rides are limited to places like Pennington Flash and Delamere Forest, on me tod.

If anyone could let me know when the next newbie ride I'd appreciate it (looks like I've missed this months ride).

Cheers
    James

Welcome jimmy...
    Look out for a NCR (non club ride) as anybody can join in on them

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Comment

welcome james
      next newbie will be may
      you need to keep your eye on the forum for it to be posted, there are limited numbers so it is first come first served.
      you can also invite yourself onto NCR's (non club rides) which members post up.
      i have been able to ride every week i have wanted too, as there is usually something going on.

Comment

Hi JJ,

do you have suitable off road lights? (commuter lights not good enough)
        Most of the rides end about 9:00pm so lights are still needed for the end of a ride.

Comment

Originally posted by syk0 View Post
          Hi JJ,

do you have suitable off road lights? (commuter lights not good enough)
          Most of the rides end about 9:00pm so lights are still needed for the end of a ride.
          Thanks all.

Looks like a NCR might be the way forward.

I don't have any lights at the moment but I'm sure I can get hold of some if I need to.

Any thoughts on what might be a reasonble set to buy? i.e. a started set not costing the earth!

Comment

Read this

http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/show...ight=hong+kong

If you order them from from deal extreme you should get them before the dark nights again in Autumn ( )

UK orders will be quicker but more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJames View Post
              Thanks all.

Looks like a NCR might be the way forward.

I don't have any lights at the moment but I'm sure I can get hold of some if I need to.

Any thoughts on what might be a reasonble set to buy? i.e. a started set not costing the earth!
              this is a world where everything costs the earth
              hope 4s which the members swear by £240ish
              hong kong phooies £50-£60 could take forever to arrive. you also have an issue if it breaks
              you are looking for 900 lumen+ with the ssc-p7 bulb
              i got a trailbright torch for £60 off ebay which has been great
              and i will be ordering another light for next winter.
              1 light does the job but 2 will be better

Comment

Magic shines £67 with the new waterproof led indicator battery , 900 lumens , from lightslightslights.co.uk delivered within 48 hours also have warranty

Comment

Welcome Jimmy, I'll be leading the next newbie ride in May, date yet to be confirmed. Keep your eyes posted and get your name down.
                  If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by artillerydave View Post
                    Welcome Jimmy, I'll be leading the next newbie ride in May, date yet to be confirmed. Keep your eyes posted and get your name down.
                    Cool, cheers Dave - will keep a close eye out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyb View Post
                      Magic shines £67 with the new waterproof led indicator battery , 900 lumens , from lightslightslights.co.uk delivered within 48 hours also have warranty
                      Ah, good stuff. Ta Bobby

Comment

If you want to be different and not get a Hope or Hong Kong cheapie, I can recommend one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by ants View Post
                          If you want to be different and not get a Hope or Hong Kong cheapie, I can recommend one of these.
                          Hmmm, at this rate, my 'headlamps' are going to be worth more than my bike!

Comment

You dont need to buy lights straightaway. I have been riding years without having any decent ones. Plenty of good rides in the daylight, especially now with the longer evenings.

Comment

Working...
                            X