Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back again;-)

Hi All
    What with one thing and another its been a while, months in fact since I've been here. I went on a newbie ride all those months ago and must confess although I've been out a few times on my own I've let MTB'ing slip. Well it's time to get back into it... hopefully I'm up to the job! Question is as a 47year old doing about 40 road miles per week will I still be fit enough?? should I go out on a newbie ride again to get into the swing of it or just jump straight in?

You will be fine, get yourself out on some NCR, only a year older than me so don't be flashing the age card, pleny a shade over 50 in the club! Put the Lycra away and don some baggies 😊
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity

Comment

Hi
      I only do baggy even on the road ;-) Ive realised there comes a time in life when its best to keep some things hidden
      Whats NCR?

Comment

Hi Clannagh, welcome back

Did you do the newbie ride and pay your tenner this year? If so let us know and we can change you to a full member
        It's not the winning or the taking part that counts....it's the beer afterwards.

Comment

Hi Neal
          Yes I did Rivington pike, I forget the month though last October/November ish. We went all the way up to Windy Hill and down the other side, past dog kennels, down the steps. Almost shat a lung on the climb up! Ha
          I'll happily pay another £10 if needed:-)

Comment

NCR is non club ride
            Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity

Comment

NCR sounds good

Comment

Originally posted by Clannagh View Post
                Hi Neal
                Yes I did Rivington pike, I forget the month though last October/November ish. We went all the way up to Windy Hill and down the other side, past dog kennels, down the steps. Almost shat a lung on the climb up! Ha
                I'll happily pay another £10 if needed:-)
                What was you previous user name?

Sounds like you will have paid after 30th Sept 13 which would cover you up to the end of this year but if you need to pay now it will cover you up to the end of 2015 anyway.

I'm sure your fitness will be fine but possibly get on the mid week rides first to check before doing a longer weekend ride
                It's not the winning or the taking part that counts....it's the beer afterwards.

Comment

My old user name was same as this one Clannagh. Mid week ride sounds good for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Clannagh View Post
                    My old user name was same as this one Clannagh. Mid week ride sounds good for starters.
                    Ah, I was looking at last year's newbie rides but it turns out you did yours on 16th Feb this year. You've paid for this year so I've changed your permissions, welcome back and get out riding pronto

Comment

Feb...Wow this year has gone quicker than I thought
                      I'll look out for the next ride. I need to get up to speed quick. Theres a new project at our local Sea Cadets Squad, they're due to start a new club MTB'ing and are looking to me to help take them out... Pressure is on!

Comment

Welcome back.

Comment

I helped on your newbie and from memory you were absolutely fine

just get out and enjoy

20140216_113705.jpg

some regular faces from this bunch, it was a great group

Comment

Originally posted by leadville lance View Post
                            I helped on your newbie and from memory you were absolutely fine

just get out and enjoy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14876[/ATTACH]

some regular faces from this bunch, it was a great group
                            Aha I remember that pic, I also remember leaving lower barn car park earlier thinking "mmmm I'm the only one with clipless!!" I'm the one on the end with no sole on my shoe, it and the cleat were still attached to my pedal :-)

Comment

Yup I remember the cleat still being attached to the bike haha.

No need to re-do a newbie ride, just get out and ride and once you feel you're back to fitness, jump on some club rides

Comment

Working...
                              X