Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello people

Hello guys/gals

Joined the forum recently but did it on my mobile. Recently getting back into my bike but unfortuantly i had put a bit of weight back on over the years lol . Not the fittest in the world but plan on ghetting fitter. I went out on one of your rides many years ago but split up with my mrs and that was that. Any how i live in Runcorn (for my sins) and i have a rigid 26 inbred. Recently went to llandegla with my mate on his 140mm travel and i tip toed behind him. I survived the climbs just about as im certaintly not a goat . Thats my intro

Welcome Fatbiker.
    What a great and honest way to say hello.
    Reading your post was it because of your ride with the Woollybacks that you split up?

Start racking up the miles, get yourself on non club rides and join a Newbie ride when you feel fit enough.
    If you have a smart phone download STRAVA and the weight will fall off along with the money from your wallet when you what a new bike or two.

Welcome
    All the best

Comment

Have no fear it wasnt the that caused the break up ,made me chuckle that. Will check out 'Strava' i downloaded taptalk but seems annoying a little. Wouldnt mind a new bike have to be another 'on one' though , kinda geeky like that 29er maybe but may have suspesion on that lol

Comment

Welcome to the forum fatbiker, see you out soon

Comment

hello people

Hey fatbiker. I post rides on Non Club Rides. I'm not fit and I too have been advised to do NCR rides. (Banished from the club lol)
          I get out a lot. Saturday to Tuesday mainly.
          I goto North Wales a lot llandegla, Moel Famau, Penmachno, CYB and then Gisburn, Rivington, Hebden Bridge etc ... All over and all at easy speeds.
          To me it's about banter, chat, coffee and cakes, taking Photos as well as getting in a good ride so speed isn't important, its not even a factor, to me it's about the ride it's the company and getting out on your bike and loving it, so don't feel intimidated. You defo not alone bud
          You're very welcome to come riding with me anytime
          Last edited by steve.speedfox; 05-04-2015, 21:07.

Comment

Originally posted by steve.speedfox View Post
            ......... I'm not fit ........
            Who told you that?

You were flying last week.
            All the best

Comment

Lol had the 47mph wind pushing me Kiwi lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbiker View Post
                Hello guys/gals

Joined the forum recently but did it on my mobile. Recently getting back into my bike but unfortuantly i had put a bit of weight back on over the years lol . Not the fittest in the world but plan on ghetting fitter. I went out on one of your rides many years ago but split up with my mrs and that was that. Any how i live in Runcorn (for my sins) and i have a rigid 26 inbred. Recently went to llandegla with my mate on his 140mm travel and i tip toed behind him. I survived the climbs just about as im certaintly not a goat . Thats my intro
                I remember riding with a newish member years ago at Llandegla who was on a rigid HT who had an OTB on 'parallel universe' cutting his elbow open.
                Was that you?

Comment

Fiz sorry for the uber long delay in replying, that wasn't me fortunately . I plan on one of these newbie rides soon, at the moment i am getting my fitness up again. Most weekends for me are taken up by my daughter staying over.

Comment

If you want to tag along tomorrow morning me and jnr are doing local loop upto billinge lump
                    on the seventh day he rode ,and the lord said to me come fourth and i shall give you eternal life, i came fifth and won a toaster.

I dont get flashbacks i'm still there

Comment

Hi nobby the sheep, thanks for the offer.

Comment

Working...
                      X