Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good while it lasted, which was about 1 week!) :(

Hiya guys,
    Dont know how to say this, at the moment im devastated..
    On sunday I was all set to go Llandegla, i loaded up my brand new bike to my cycle carrier which was also brand new to my car and headed off, i live in Chester so llandegla isnt too far away.
    I decided to pop into Tesco and pick a few drinks etc up & also some sweets as im a Type1 Diabetic, but as it was early in morning (around 9:30am) i got to the front entrance of Tesco and it was still closed, so around the corner was Aldi which was open so i decided to pop into there instead, BIG MISTAKE!

I parked my car up in Aldi car park with my bike fully secure (or so i thought) and headed off into Aldi, i was literally in there for less than 5 mins, Upon my return to my car, every cycle owners nightmare...My Bike was gone! WTF

As you can imagine i was totally gutted, just wanted to cry to be honest! ..i had literally only rode it once & that was down my street! I had bought 2 mucky nutz fenders which i had just fitted that morning, Orange Nuke Proof Pedals & DIY orange rim tape & i was well excited to be going out on it properly for the very first time as i work in the week.

As always afterwards when reality kicked in (& im still gutted as im typing this) i couldnt believe i left my bike un-attended on a car rack, (was a VERY dumb thing to do) but at the same time i didnt think someone (and when i say someone, i mean some TW*T!) had the cheek to go upto my car within seconds of me leaving it, cut the straps off my bike rack in pure daylight and take my pride & joy

I asked a few people near by who said they seen a silver BMW drive down road with my bike as i described it to them but they had no idea it had just been stolen off back of my car.

So what was meant to be a fun day out turned out to be a complete nightmare. And even more so to top it off, I sold my 2015 Cube to help fund my new bike, so i was left bikeless & pennyless! ..im not minted & i just work a normal 37 hour week job on a normal wage like most, so for me spending £1,600 on my new bike was a big sacrafice financially but one that i have worked hard for, unlike the scum that stole my bike.

And nope at the time i wasnt insured so another stab in the back! After my family found out which i only just told them yesterday as i was still gutted and to be honest i was also quite emabarrassed about the whole thing as at the end of the day, it was my own fault for leaving it un-attanded, but thanks to family, they have somehow gathered the funds to buy me another as they knew how gutted i was, needless to say i did not expect this & i will pay them back every penny .

So i will be placing the order for another tomorrow morning from the same place, ive actually already ordered the mucky nutz fenders & orange pedals & i still have a roll of orange duct tape left to do the rims.

So long story short guys/gals.. & im sure most (if not all) of you already know this, but NEVER, EVER leave your bike unlocked, and even if it is locked, make sure its to a solid object (ie: not a bike rack with just straps!) cuz there are thieving scummy gits out there who are out to spoil the party, I wont go into detail what i think of the guys that took my bike, but i think you can guess!

Also ontop of this, i have purchased insurance & ive also come to the knowledge of a GPS Tracker which will pin point your bike within 2.5 meters accuracy from my mobile phone & can be fitted discreetly into bars,seat stem etc etc. If i knew about this before then the chances are I would not be here typing this post as I would have been able to track my bike down.

Anyway there is light at the end of the tunnel, but this has been a steep & costly error & one that i will not be making again!
    Last edited by tizdaz; 10-08-2016, 01:30.

Really sorry to hear about this pal I bet your devastated, what a bunch of f**king

I kno it's a costly mistake but you should be able to leave stuff out without thieving scum taking it, deffo bad luck, wrong place at the wrong time

Have you informed the police and have you checked aldi for cctv?? May be worth a shot. Also post it up on Facebook with pics n get people to share it, good luck

Comment

Don't know what to say pal, absolutely gutting. Hope the police find them for you

Comment

Really tough on you that. I've done it countless times at Motorway services etc.

If there is a link to the GPS tracker, can you post it up as that seems like a great idea

Comment

So did they steal the bike and rack? Or just the bike? And what type of rack is it? A towbar one or just a hang on strap on one. Lastly where abouts was this so we know to keep a lookout for the bike and a pic of the bike would help.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
          If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Gutted for u pal

Comment

Bollox.

Any photos of the bike so we know what to look out for?
              All the best

Comment

Sorry to hear this, some people are unbelievable. The tracker seems a good idea, has someone given advice?

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Unlucky that But what a great Family

Family 1st
                  work 2nd
                  Cycling 3rd

works for me anyways

Great ending to a sh!t story

Comment

Gutted for you pal, a moments lapse of judgment and some tw@t steals your bike it may be worth looking into your house insurance moving forward as with mine my bikes covered outside of the home too even on or in the car and its new for old too. It listed as a separate item on the policy and it doesn't even have to be locked up
                    Eat, sleep, ride, repeat

Comment

Shit that pal, as others have said tho post up a pic so we can all keep an eye out for it. It may pop up for sale on gumtree or eBay and you can go take it back

Also post up info on the tracker, I never knew such a thing existed but will be ordering some if they work.

Comment

Gutted for you pal. Words fail me how these people live with themselves. Hope you get it back.
                        Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity

Comment

i use home protect to cover house and bike together. it covers use away from home

Comment

fkkers... treat the bike like a pile of cash, allways amazes me when i go to llandegla and the likes and people will leave their 3-4-5k bike outside unlocked.

Comment

Good while it lasted, which was about 1 week!)

What's ****s! Defo get a photo up so we can all keep an eye out, surprising how many turn up on eBay / Gumtree / Facebook. Sound like you've got a great family though Hope your out riding again soon
                              Instagram

Strava

Comment

Working...
                              X