Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello all
    About 6 months ago i decided to buy a bike after having endless trips to the garage with my van and not enjoying walking back and to the garage
    to pick up/drop off the van .
    i picked up a used fairly good condition Muddy Fox escape which to me being the first bike i had owned in over 20 years felt like a Rolls Royce.
    My usage slowly crept up form a mile or two every few days to doing the Seton circular route (around 25 miles).
    So i now have the bug and have recently bought myself a Voodoo Aizan 29er.
    I try to do atleast 10 miles when i go out mainly along the Leeds Liverpool canal or around deviations of the Seton circular route but will hopefully
    find more demanding a various routes to tackle as my fitness and ability grows.
    Im 47 yrs old and I live in Netherton north Merseyside.

I will keep an eye on the introductory rides thread and hopefully (shifts permitting) come along to say hello.

Thanks for reading
    Ste

welcome Ste, keep getting them miles in and have fun

Comment

Welcome Ste, as Leadville says keep getting the miles in and add a few climbs. The intro rides are normall around 15mikes long with around 1500ft of climbing

Catch ya soon

Comment

Welcome Ste!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Ste I have only recently joined and am based in Ormskirk if you ever fancy meeting up for a spin, little MTB trail in Rainford can show you if not found it yet, if want my number just give me a shout via here, also looking out for intro ride. Enjoy week end.

Comment

[MENTION=3517]Tosh[/MENTION] [MENTION=3520]Liplesswand[/MENTION] I arrange the intro rides chaps and to be honest, haven't sorted out an October one yet.
            I might be able to set something up for next weekend if you're interested?

We could do a local ride or go to Rivington / Darwen if you're ok to travel.

Alternatively, get out with us on the Skyride on Tuesday nights. All welcome, paced to accommodate a chat and a bit of banter; new members are very welcome and almost never left behind in the woods [emoji6]

Comment

I might need a few skyrides to build some fitness too

welcome Ste
              I used to be faster...…...

Comment

Thanks all for the welcome messages.

My shifts will be falling on the weekends for the next few wks so the skyrides would probably be best for me,
                i work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern so can be a bit awkward sometimes arranging stuff.

Comment

sort yourself some lights out (cue [MENTION=854]Neal[/MENTION] @Peter for advice) and clear your Tuesday night schedule.

Very relaxed and informal, you don't have to book on, go every week without fail or anything like that.

Waterside, Carr Mill, ready to ride at 7pm.

Comment

For UK supplier of lights with good batteries use the link below. Will be with you a day or two after ordering:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/big_f_d_d...p2047675.l2562

One light for the bar and one for the helmet. For me the helmet light is the most important. I can live without the bar light if needed. Aim for 1000 lumens for each as an absolute minimum.

Comment

Working...
                    X