Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi I am Matt, looking for riding buddies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi I am Matt, looking for riding buddies!

Getting pretty bored riding on my own now and its impossible to motivate my mates to do anything bike related.
    Looking to make some riding buddies for local (im from Wigan me), national (dont drive but happy to split fuel) and even foreign rides.
    Looking at Leogang and Saalbach for a week after the last bank holiday if anyone is interested?
    Flights are about £200 return with bike and the accommodation is about £20 a night for a double room with a lift pass included.
    Not as varied as Morzine etc but I prefer the more relaxed atmosphere and more enduro/trails style of riding.
    Plus its super cheap

Any advice or people near me who dont want to ride alone then hit me up

Cheers

Hi Matt, there’s a few of us from the Wigan area who ride regular* where in Wigan are you from, we have loads to go at on our doorstep haigh, Rivy, moonhills etc. Keep an eye out for the intro ride and also the sky ride (every Tuesday from Carr mill dam) I normally ride over when I ride it

Catch you out soon

*im off the bike at the moment due to a knee operation

Comment

Welcome

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome Matt. Where abouts in wigan are you

Comment

Yeah, I seen about the Carr Mill Dam ride. Usually at college in the evenings on Tuesday, but might try and come to the next one during half term.

I live just around the corner from 15's and the Fat Olive in Wigan Town Center or Swinley as some class it.

Haigh is pretty good considering its a 2 min pedal up a small hill away.
          I go quite often, pretty much every night when weather is good for a good climbing work out then a fast decent.
          Though working 1.5 full time jobs and a full time college course has recently gobbled up my free time.

Always get lost around Rivy and where to go that is good.
          Because I dont drive I tend not to go as it takes a while just to get there.

Really looking to get up to Lee Quarry but again its a pain if you dont drive.

Cheers

Comment

When I’m back up n running we can arrange a ride out, can show you some stuff around Rivy n may be some new local stuff

Comment

Welcome Matt!

Comment

Welcome I get out about wigan way quite a bit tends to be daytime mid week owing to shift work

Comment

Welcome Matt!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a thought why I am here, does anyone know any freelance mechanics that are local?
                    Just built up my first custom hardtail and struggling with the brakes and dropper post.
                    Halfords near me are useless and Alans are always booked up for weeks.
                    I usually travel to Manchester for the best but its becoming a pain for getting the odd bit done.

Cheers

Comment

Post up what problems your having specifically Matt and someone on here may be able to advise you what to try next.

Welcome to the club btw, glad you found it and joined up! I’m still buzzing with the Yari’s you sold me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to here it mate.
                        Would of signed up sooner but I have been off the bike for a good couple of months now due to work and spending some time in Russia.

My 12 speed GX needs calibrating as shifting isnt that smooth, it is rattling a little around my headset (I cant figure out why) and I am scared of bleeding brakes/dropper alone after I made a mess of a pair of saints last time I tried (apparently its pretty hard to screw up but I still did it )

I would just rather pay someone to get it fixed up right and maybe give some pointers, not 100% confident with doing everything yet.
                        Plus I really want to get back out on the bike as soon as, because its been too long.

Cheers

Comment

Welcome Matt, I know alot of members use Thatto Cycles in St Helens, not sure if its any closer than Manchester for you though
                          Instagram

Strava

Comment

Working...
                          X