No announcement yet.

Rachel - completely new!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

..... or google delamere bikes or tracks delamere for skills training courses

R
    carpe diem

It's rad, man!

Comment

Originally posted by roch3lla View Post
      Hi everyone!

My name is Rachel and I'm 26 and just moved to Crewe two weeks ago from the Norfolk area.

So currently I'm just riding a mountain bike given to me by my brother who prefers road cycling and I am using this bike to commute 40mins to work and back only and just generally cycling around my area aimlessly.

I am new to this area and the North of England overall and have no idea about group cycling. I just find that I really enjoy riding and would like to explore more about it and to meet new people who have likewise thoughts.

My fitness level is not the greatest I do go to the gym but I am hoping to improve myself via biking also.

So to sum up my knowledge is minimal, experience is 0 and fitness is below average.

I'm just wondering if this would be a good place for a beginner to get started with or if anyone could recommend me some things to do for now to get started on my way.

Thank you for reading!

Rachel
      Hi Rachel, welcome to the forum. Nice to hear from a fellow Cheshire resident, I’m based near Holmes Chapel.

I started MTBing when I lived in Crewe years back. We used to go down to Cannock Chase, about 45mins south on the M6. Check out https://www.chasetrails.co.uk/leisure-cycling/

There a massive network of route at the chase. From natural trails to graded Blue and Red routes. There used to be people locally who run tuition courses and group rides from the trail centre so worth calling them and asking.

Let me know how you get on, if you luck out I’m doing some easy rides with a mate who’s recovering from illness and hasn’t ridden for 10 years so we’re taking it easy. Mind you if you’re doing a 40min commute everyday you’ll be super fit in no time at all [emoji3]

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Andy Roger and Andy! Thanks very much for your advice! Been totally all out riding this pass week heading out soon with some work friends on the weekend to try Delamere! [MENTION=3527]AndyTucker[/MENTION] if you wouldn't mind the extra company maybe I could ride with you some day would be awesome!

Comment

Sure thing. I’m off the bike for a couple of weeks due to a knee injury but as soon as I’m back in action I’ll give you a shout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by roger View Post
              @Tracey

any advice for Rachel?

welcome Rachel

R
              Sorry about the slow reply, we were away on holiday for two weeks, then full on at work this past week. I did a reply mid-week but got bombed out of the internet.
              Rachel, the club has the full age range from the 20's to the 70's, with a whole range of fitness and abilities. You may be fitter than you think! If you are completely new to mountain biking, then as others have suggested, get yourself on a skills course (this will teach you the safe position on a bike), to hopefully avoid an OTB - over the bars, and trail centres are a good starting point, progressing through the graded trails.
              If you feel fit enough / confident enough then get yourself on an intro ride, to gauge where you're at?
              The official club rides tend to be done at quite a fast pace (too fast for me anyway) so lots of people (incl me) tend to do their own NCR (non club rides) at the pace of their choosing. We know a good (not too techie) route around Buxton, we could give you a shout next time we're planning a Peaks outing? Our pace is relaxed, plenty of stops, chat, photos, faff - we stay out as long as it takes, and always finish in the pub with a meal and well earned beer. You might feel like you're out with ''mum & dad'' though but welcome to join us.
              Welcome to the forum.

Comment

+1 for delamere.

Trails will be drying out soon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                Woollybacks Club Routes - http://www.gpsies.com/mapUser.do?use...thewoollybacks
                Members NCR - http://www.gpsies.com/mapUser.do?use...WoollybacksNCR

if you have a route you would like uploading, please email it to: woollybacksncr@gmail.com

Comment

Might be a bit further afield for you but cyclewise at whinlatter do ladies days skills days,you could make a weekend of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  on the seventh day he rode ,and the lord said to me come fourth and i shall give you eternal life, i came fifth and won a toaster.

I dont get flashbacks i'm still there

Comment

Did someone say the club rides were at a quick pace!

Think the club rides will suit the slower ones better than a quick rider...

Check your skill level on a newbie ride and have a go

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

here you go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      on the seventh day he rode ,and the lord said to me come fourth and i shall give you eternal life, i came fifth and won a toaster.

I dont get flashbacks i'm still there

Comment

Spammer post removed.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
                        If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                        X