Skyride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyride

Hi , I can’t seem to find any details on the Tuesday night “skyride” at carmill dam , could somebody tell me what time it starts and the approximate duration . Thanks !

Hi Paul,

It is usually posted in the members section, or in the Members Rides NCR (in the non members section).

They leave the Waterside Pub, Carr Mill on the east lancs at 7pm on a Tuesday night. I'm sure someone will keep you posted once they see your interest.

Been out of action myself for a while, but from memory it's a couple of hours and about 11 miles or so and circa 800 feet climbing. It's a great way of getting out with the club.

If the same crowd ride it that did last time I was out, a couple likely ride up to the start past newton le willows along the canal.

(oh, and welcome to the club)
    Last edited by ArthurItus; 21-04-2018, 08:54.

Comment

Quite often mikep and sidog ride via the canal from Warrington, which can give you a 22 mile round trip if you meet at the canal at Newton...
      I used to be faster...…...

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurItus View Post
        Hi Paul,

It is usually posted in the members section, or in the Members Rides NCR (in the non members section).

They leave the Waterside Pub, Carr Mill on the east lancs at 7pm on a Tuesday night. I'm sure someone will keep you posted once they see your interest.

Been out of action myself for a while, but from memory it's a couple of hours and about 11 miles or so and circa 800 feet climbing. It's a great way of getting out with the club.

If the same crowd ride it that did last time I was out, a couple likely ride up to the start past newton le willows along the canal.

(oh, and welcome to the club)
        Thanks Arthur , think I’ll just drive to carmill and take it from there , thanks for the welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Screwloose View Post
          Quite often mikep and sidog ride via the canal from Warrington, which can give you a 22 mile round trip if you meet at the canal at Newton...
          One step at a time haha , thanks screwloose.

Comment

I don’t usually, but on occasion when I’ve had my pills I may do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I used to be faster...…...

Comment

Originally posted by Paulml View Post
              Thanks Arthur , think I’ll just drive to carmill and take it from there , thanks for the welcome
              Just as quick to ride up straight up canal only takes 35 mins from warrington to carmill

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
                Just as quick to ride up straight up canal only takes 35 mins from warrington to carmill
                DON'T be jumping out scaring anyone!!!

Comment

That was a ghost you seen lol

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
                    You’re right , even less from newton , actually I did it the other day , took longer than 35 minutes haha

Comment

Originally posted by Paulml View Post
                      You’re right , even less from newton , actually I did it the other day , took longer than 35 minutes haha
                      Join us and ride from hey lock car park

Comment

Was funny though , that was the quickest you moved all night

Comment

Originally posted by Si dog View Post
                          Was funny though , that was the quickest you moved all night
                          It was all a facade. I wasn't REALLY scared at all!!!

(though you are likely right that it was the fastest I'd moved all night, I had a kebab waiting for me at home)

Comment

Originally posted by Si dog View Post
                            Join us and ride from hey lock car park
                            I’m on nights this week so will have to make a sharp exit as possible , I’ll be at carmill for 7 . Cheers

Comment

Keep an eye out for a post if its pissing down may not be a ride

Comment

Working...
                              X