July intro ride - Lady Bower Loop Sunday July 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July intro ride - Lady Bower Loop Sunday July 8th

The next intro ride will be at Ladybower, this is a Peak District classic around the Ladybower reservoir and surrounding trails.
    What to expect? Some tough technical climbing and loose rocky descents in fantastic surroundings with amazing views, this really is a British classic area to ride, and should be explored and ticked off by any would be mountain biker.

The route starts from Fairholmes carpark and takes in some gentle rolling trails around the reservoir before the stiff climb up the flagstones and up the side of the forest, before getting to some mixed terrain to the rolling cross country section to Winstone Lee Tor, following this, a long technical decent follows which, which could be muddy at first and possibly a bit boggy depending on weather conditions, and then rocky as a rocky thing, this leads us to the side of the Ladybower inn. Next is a road section taking us to the long climb to Hope Cross with amazing views of the surrounding area, a grassy fast descent before the technical "potato run" descent. Next is a tough road climb up Rowlee farm, before a final little climb and then the Lockerbrook descent to finish.

Ride is 17 miles in total which doesn't sound like a lot, but the route is all action, and pads are recommended if you have them as the descents are loose / rocky in nature, also worth bring spare brake pads as the grit stone of the local area is hard on brake pads, and if running innertubes plenty of these as due to the rocky nature pinch flats are common. The descents are technical in nature and reward some courage and speed, but are manageable by most. This is not a race and will accommodate all levels but it is a proper mtb xc route so a half decent base level of fitness is a must.

Meet at Ladybower Fairholmes at 9.00 am to be ready to ride off at 9:30 am.
    Fairholmes is here:
    Fairholmes,
    Bamford,
    Hope Valley
    S33 0AQ
    Car parking charge is £4.70 at Fairholmes, or there is some free parking on the laybys before the main fairholmes centre and car park. There is also a cafe and toilets. I'll be parking in the free parking layby.

The official stuff.
    How membership works etc. see here: http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/show...w-you-can-join

What to bring on the day?
    See the club equipment list: http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/cont...rs-new-and-old
    It isn’t compulsory but its good advice. The essentials are:

•Helmet – this is rule #1: no lid = no ride
    •A well maintained mountain bike (Please don't turn up with a hybrid running semi slick tyres...)
    •Pump, innertube and spares like chain links/mech hangers
    •Food / water / extra layers and/or waterproofs and spare clothes for going home in

You will also need to print off one of these and complete just or write out the information: http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/Wool...pForm16.pdf We need this for emergency contact details on the day so don't forget, and a self addressed envelope.

We can take up to six riders so get your names down if you fancy it. If you do book on and then can’t make it - we understand, sh1t happens - just be sure to let us know and we can give the place to someone else, as usual any members are welcome to lend a hand.

Riders:
    spickle bosch (Ross)

Members (bringing up the rear)!!!
    Petern?
    mikep
    Al brazier
    Si dog
    Max power
    Alex
    Ian w
    Art dave
    Nick
    Last edited by spickle bosch; 07-07-2018, 16:11.

Nice one Ross, like the route description too. Very detailed. [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Should be there Ross.

Might pos do some extras after.

Comment

Thanks for posting up ross not done labybower myself will see if i can get a pass

Comment

Never done this ride so will try to get a pass out ��

Comment

This sounds good but just to clarify is it ok to come with an ebike?

Comment

Originally posted by chvck View Post
              There are members who use e Bikes, it’s fine mate.

Comment

Originally posted by chvck View Post
                As long as you let us all have a go!

If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by artillerydave View Post
                  As long as you let us all have a go!

Just not [MENTION=854]Neal[/MENTION] though

Comment

Originally posted by petern View Post
                    Just not @Neal though
                    It's not the winning or the taking part that counts....it's the beer afterwards.

Comment

Weekly bump

Comment

Please add me to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by mfluff74 View Post
                          Please add me to the list.
                          No problem, don't forgot to introduce yourself on the introductory section

Comment

I'd like to come please!

Comment

Oh awesome I've been wanting to do this route for ages.

I'll be there with cheese on top.

Comment

Working...
                              X