Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi, I'm Jeff, a typical weekend warrior.

I'm closer to 40 than I'd like to be, but my wife tells me that I'm still mentally a teenage boy, I presume she means my mental sharpness and youthful outlook.

I have lived in Chorley for the past umpteen years, although I'm from Tyldesley originally and grew up in and around the Leigh and Culcheth area, for those that know it?

I gave up the gym back in November 2012, because it was overrun with families bringing their kids (no offence to families and kids, I now have two of my own, kids that is, not families). The gym got boring too, there are no drop-offs, ruts, roots, tables or berms in a spin class! Once giving up the gym, I spent my gym membership fee on an MTB, that first one you get when you don't know much, a hefty XC bike with wagon wheels, which I rode the hell out of for a year and a half, until I decided I needed a full-suss with one of those seats that goes up and down with the touch a button. It's fair to say I'm now hooked and mildly obsessed.

I mostly ride the West Pennine Moors (Rivi, Darwen, Brinscall...etc), as it's on my doorstep and there are some great trails. I love a good road trip to ride somewhere new, such as trail centres, or in the wild, that is when I can get a pass from her indoors and I can coordinate it with my usual riding buddies.

I have found MTB to be one of the most friendly and welcoming sports, despite the fact their is no team, you always let on to a fellow rider, often spark up a conversation and offer to help if they're in need. I've made loads of new friends, that I'd never know otherwise, met some interesting folk, and I've even met the odd pro rider at places like Fort Bill and up Rivi of all places.

I'm looking forward to the intro ride, as it's always more fun to ride with others and pickup new tips, trails and skills, plus talk to people who actually care about bar width, stem length and the pros and cons of 26" v 27.5" v 29" v whatever the bike industry come up with next.

Cheers!

Welcome to to club jeff good intro get your name down on the intro ride ladybower in july

Comment

Great intro and many true observations made

Welcome Jeff, see you on the trails!

Stu (another 40 ish mildly obsessed biker who has to negotiate bike rides with his wife)

Comment

Best intro ever. We have a few members who ride Darwin and Rivey regularly. Hope to see you soon Jeff.
        Ride Free...

Comment

Hi, what a great intro - Welcome to the club

Comment

Welcome Jeff. Great intro!

Comment

plus talk to people who actually care about bar width, stem length and the pros and cons of 26" v 27.5" v 29" v whatever the bike industry come up with next.................................Yes with you on that one

Welcome Jeff

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Thanks all, my mate ScottMTB joined recently and said you were a great group of riders, so I'll be looking to get out soon. I'm off to Afan the week after Ladybower ride, so I'll see if I can swing it (clock up the husband points )

Comment

Welcome to the club Jeff.
                    Hopefully see you out there soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X