No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good evening all.

My name is Jun, I am 46 years old and only been here in Liverpool ( Rice lane Walton ) just less than a year. My family used to live in South Wales for 16 years. I am inexperience in mountain biking although I have been riding my bike just inside the city area for at least 2 hours twice a week. I dont have any experience in mountain bike trail at all. I am looking for a club that I can join and maybe try to experience riding in one of the begginers/easy trail around.

looking forward for any advice please.

Thank you

Jun
    Last edited by Learnerz; 27-06-2018, 23:59.

Hi Jun

There is quite a range of abilities in the club, but most Woollyback rides do cater for the more experienced end of riders. But we all started somewhere so the best thing to do is exactly what you're doing - getting out & riding and you'll soon know whether you want to build your skills towards something more techy.

If you're in Liverpool and looking for easier and less technical rides then these nice folks might be worth checking out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1902180313132330/ They do both road & trail rides - the trail rides are quite long but not technical. They go out in the day time quite a bit, but also do Sunday rides.

Hope it’s helpful. Enjoy

Comment

Hi Lorelei,

Good day.. Thank you for the info. I will contact that link that you gave me. I am really keen to join the club and hoping one day I can ride with the pro.

I will keep intouch of how I get along with that group that you've recommended.

Thanks again.

Regards,
      Jun

Originally posted by Lorelei View Post
      Hi Jun

There is quite a range of abilities in the club, but most Woollyback rides do cater for the more experienced end of riders. But we all started somewhere so the best thing to do is exactly what you're doing - getting out & riding and you'll soon know whether you want to build your skills towards something more techy.

If you're in Liverpool and looking for easier and less technical rides then these nice folks might be worth checking out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1902180313132330/ They do both road & trail rides - the trail rides are quite long but not technical. They go out in the day time quite a bit, but also do Sunday rides.

Hope it’s helpful. Enjoy
      Last edited by Learnerz; 28-06-2018, 11:32.

Comment

Hi Jun,

I picked up your message, thanks for getting in touch.

As Lorelei says, most of our club rides are on tough MTB routes. These are rocky, steep and sometimes fast trails more suited to riders with a bit of experience.

The reason we have Intro Rides is to make sure our new members understand what they're getting into and will be able to cope with a ride in the hills.

If you can ride 15 miles in 2.5 hrs then you might like to join us on a Tuesday night on the Skyride?

It's a tough little route and having a go at it will tell you if you're ready for the next level or not.

You can be in more than one group too so why not consider the group Lorelei suggests and if you find your fit enough, give our Skyride a try?

Stu

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Stu,

Good afternoon. thank you for your swift reply. I'd love to go this Tuesday night but too short notice for me to ask day off.. is there any ride on Thursdays? I am off nxt Thursday.

Thank you again Stu, much appreciated

Regards,
          Jun

Originally posted by Disco_Stu View Post
          Hi Jun,

I picked up your message, thanks for getting in touch.

As Lorelei says, most of our club rides are on tough MTB routes. These are rocky, steep and sometimes fast trails more suited to riders with a bit of experience.

The reason we have Intro Rides is to make sure our new members understand what they're getting into and will be able to cope with a ride in the hills.

If you can ride 15 miles in 2.5 hrs then you might like to join us on a Tuesday night on the Skyride?

It's a tough little route and having a go at it will tell you if you're ready for the next level or not.

You can be in more than one group too so why not consider the group Lorelei suggests and if you find your fit enough, give our Skyride a try?

Stu

Comment

Originally posted by Learnerz View Post
            Hi Stu,

Good afternoon. thank you for your swift reply. I'd love to go this Tuesday night but too short notice for me to ask day off.. is there any ride on Thursdays? I am off nxt Thursday.

Thank you again Stu, much appreciated

Regards,
            Jun
            Hi Jun.

The Skyride takes place every week, no rush [emoji6]

Comment

Hi jun as stu says try n get out on a skyride see how you get on

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thank you. will do.

Comment

Hi Stu,

Thanks again.. I will arrange my sched for week after. If you dont mind please I need more info ( No rush ) Where is the starting point location, how much do I have to pay. We are new in Liverpol so I am not familiar with the place yet.

kind regards,
                  Jun

Originally posted by Disco_Stu View Post
                  Hi Jun.

The Skyride takes place every week, no rush [emoji6]

Comment

Hi jun the tuesday skyride starts at the waterside toby carvery ccarmill dam on the A580
                    Start time 7pm just need money for a pint afterwoods

Comment

Working...
                    X