X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi,

I'm Jonny, Train Driver from Golborne.

I've joined the FB page and saw one of your lads up Rivvy today.

I lived in Stockport until about 6 months ago so most of my riding was the Dark Peaks, New Mills, Jacobs, Hayfield etc.

Now I'm in Golborne I mostly go to Degla, Rivvy and I like Phillips Park, Prestwich (not Clayton Vale). I do a lot of local riding, but I do get bored plodding 30 miles alone on the flat.

Just fancy finding out more routes and meeting a few new people.

As a shift worker I do struggle to find time in the evenings, so hopefully there are a few people who are about at odd times too.

Can't wait to get out with new folk, I ride a Cotic Soul, best bike I've had, and there's been a few.

Welcome Jonny. I’m sure I recognise that name from singletrack. Quite a few lads work shifts so you shouldn’t have a problem finding someone to ride with. Easiest way to join the club is to join the skyride on a Tuesday evening from Carr mill dam. Probably see you out soon

Comment

Originally posted by Ticsmon View Post
      Welcome Jonny. I’m sure I recognise that name from singletrack. Quite a few lads work shifts so you shouldn’t have a problem finding someone to ride with. Easiest way to join the club is to join the skyride on a Tuesday evening from Carr mill dam. Probably see you out soon
      That sounds good to me, I sometimes cycle from Golborne to Carr mill. Where do you go from there?

Comment

Hi Jonny it was me you saw today glad you signed up

The sky ride runs from the pub at carrmill 7pm every Tuesday and you don’t need to be a member to attend, it’ll be posted in the open forum so keep an eye out for it

Catch you out soon

Comment

Hi jonny
          Lowton based here think we must ride the same local flat trails .
          Shift work too surprised we haven't bumped into each other

Comment

Originally posted by notsospeedydaz View Post
            Hi jonny
            Lowton based here think we must ride the same local flat trails .
            Shift work too surprised we haven't bumped into each other
            I’m from lowton originally, went to lowton high.

Comment

Hi

I’m ex Lowton High school and now live in Winwick. What year was you in?
              I left in 1982.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Dave

Comment

Bloody hell, 1982, hadn't even left infants then

Hiya Jonny, welcome!

Comment

Hi jonny welcome to the club as others have said join on a skyride tuesday nights

Comment

Welcome Jonny!
                    I only started school in 1982 and you leave me for dust dave!!

Skyride usually involves a ride up to billings lump mate, and a play about in the woods.
                    About 2hrs and 12 ish miles. 25-30 for you if you ride there and back. Finish with a pint at the waterside

Comment

I left lowton in ‘95!

Comment

We're do the lowton lads ride? You not picked up on the old railway lines
                        That run from Leigh., through Howe bridge to hindley .borsdane woods,kirkless woods.
                        Nice ride out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss 47 View Post
                          We're do the lowton lads ride? You not picked up on the old railway lines
                          That run from Leigh., through Howe bridge to hindley .borsdane woods,kirkless woods.
                          Nice ride out.
                          I do a lot of riding towards St. Helens, newton, I live right near haydock and head over towards culcheth too. Never been Howe bridge way, what’s the route?

Comment

Working...
                          X