Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hi,

I've been taking an interest in this sport for a little while now and a few weeks ago I bought a second hand hard tail to try out a few local trails. I'm looking towards building up my skills and knowledge and taking on some of the Lake District, Peak District and North Wales Descents. I'm also interested in learning more about the bikes and upgrades. I'm hoping by next spring to have the bike that will meet my mountain biking preferences but for now I'm in the process of finding out what they really are. Sometimes, when experiencing new things, I find my interests progress in a different direction than I first anticipated.

A few things about myself: I'm 47 years old man. I've been mountain biking for a few weeks only. I mostly go to Philips Park in Bury which is a nice little ride from where I'm based in Eccles. I'm reasonably fit, I do strength training in the gym 3 - 4 times per week. Last year I cycled from Bordeaux to Bilbao on a Ridgeback Panorama while my workmates where on ultra light carbon racing machines. The Pyrenees mountains, while beautiful, were ruinously hard. My mountain bike is a second hand Commencal El Camino. I looking forward to taking it out on some more challenging and interesting rides.

Welcome to the club mike keep an eye out for the next intro ride be posted up next couple of days

Comment

Thanks, I will look forward to it

Comment

Welcome Mike!

Comment

Working...
        X