Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sept intro ride saturday 29th

This months intro ride will be rivington*
    how membership works etc. see here:*http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/show...w-you-can-join

Meeting at the lower Rivington Barn right next to "Go Ape" (Rivington, Bolton, BL6 7SB Parking is FREE) at 9.00am for a 9.30am ride off we will do between 10 and 15 miles of trails including some testing hills (approx. 1500ft of ups), fast descents and some single track

Rivi is a fantastic area for mountain biking. There's so much to go at including really fast flowing descents, jumps and drops, very steep technical sections and more general cross country trails. The route on the day will be suitable for all riders and there will be no pressure for anyone to attempt anything they aren't comfortable with.

What to bring on the day?
    See the club equipment list:*http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/cont...rs-new-and-old
    It isn’t compulsory but its good advice. The essentials are:

•Helmet – this is rule #1: no lid = no ride
    •A well maintained mountain bike (Please don't turn up with a hybrid running semi slick tyres...)
    •Pump, innertube and spares like chain links/mech hangers
    •Food / water / extra layers and/or waterproofs and spare clothes for going home in

You will also need to print off one of these and complete just or write out the information:*http://www.thewoollybacks.co.uk/Wool...16.pdf*We*need this for emergency contact details on the day so don't forget. and a self addressed envolope

We can take up to seven riders so get your names down if you fancy it. If you do book on and then cant make it - we understand , sh1t happens - just be sure to let us know and we can give the place to someone else.

Riders:
    Mikep
    Dave greaves
    Disco stu

Intro riders
    E.x. mainey??
    Sierramike
    Last edited by mikep; 28-09-2018, 11:10.

Saturday may be do-able, depends on getting child care sorted.
    What time do you expect to finish by, as I'll need plans in place for said childcare.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by E.x. Mainey View Post
      Saturday may be do-able, depends on getting child care sorted.
      What time do you expect to finish by, as I'll need plans in place for said childcare.
      Thanks
      Hi depends on pace snd mechanicals but hopfully 1pm latest

Comment

Hi,

I'll be there, really looking forward to it.

Full disclosure, I had my first MTB crash on Saturday at Philips Park. It was spectacular but no damage to the bike and I only have a few bruises and scratches. Hubris was my downfall, lesson learned.

Comment

[MENTION=3118]mikep[/MENTION]

OK if I jump on this ride?

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Dave

Comment

Hi dave yes no problem see you tomorrow

Comment

Bump anymore for tomorrow last practice weekend before scotland

Comment

I'm under orders to be back home for 1130, reckon it'll have local blast for me!

Comment

Originally posted by spickle bosch View Post
                  I'm under orders to be back home for 1130, reckon it'll have local blast for me!
                  I pressume thats pm

Comment

The link for the form that we need to fill in doesn't seem to be working. PLease can you let me know what info you require?

Edit: got it now
                    Last edited by SierraMike; 28-09-2018, 15:45.

Comment

Form printed. cash in my wallet, bike on my car (My parents place is just outside of chorley, plus they're sitting the kids.)
                      All good to go for tomorrow.

Comment

Hi mike I’m going to try and join you but do not wait. I’ll be running later from Wigan so hopefully catch you up. I’m guessing you doing the normal climb to the pike??

Hope to see you in a bit

Comment

Originally posted by R6 Phil View Post
                          Hi mike I’m going to try and join you but do not wait. I’ll be running later from Wigan so hopefully catch you up. I’m guessing you doing the normal climb to the pike??

Hope to see you in a bit
                          Yes might drop down the steps on way up by the arch but otherwise normal way up

Comment

Good ride out today chaps, enjoyed it. Thanks for the lead mike

https://youtu.be/SoM6whPvo4Q

Comment

Working...
                            X