The 14th. A suggestion from the newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 14th. A suggestion from the newbie

I saw the Ride calendar is empty this weekend, and a few are going to the Monster Miles.

If there is anyone who wants to try a new (old for me) route, I'm itching to do the Settle Malham loop. I'd rather wait for other riders than do it on my own, so if not this weekend, please pencil me in some other time or an official ride when a space is free.
    I've got MIAS award, so qualified for ride lead, and happy to carry first aid kits and stuff. got space for a passenger and bike, but any more will require other transport.

It was the ride I always looked forward to (that was 15 years ago I last did it), 18 miles, with what I remember as the best descent I used to ride.

this is the blurb from the pedal north site

This is what Yorkshire Dales mountain biking is all about. Steep climbs, rocky trails, and fast descents to die for. This route forms part of a loop within the Pennine Bridleway, but is a superb outing on its own. It can be started at Settle - of course; but it can also be started from Malham, Malham Tarn, or as a excellent extension to Mastilles Lane from Kilnsey. Each of these options is a worthy choice, and you won't be disappointed. I've done this loop on sunny days, in torrential rain, and with the signs of snow in the air, an each journey was fantastic. For me the best start for access to facilities is Settle. This small dales market town is full of great accommodation and facilities. I used to work at a nearby Youth Hostel, so have some cracking memories of the place. The descent back to Settle takes some beating for naturally technical trails, followed by epic speed.

It's a good area to ride in and one we've used over the years. Roger knows the area well and leads a good route around there.

More than happy for you to post it up in the forum and lead it pal. Not sure I'll make it but I'm sure some would be interested.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by artillerydave View Post
      It's a good area to ride in and one we've used over the years. Roger knows the area well and leads a good route around there.

More than happy for you to post it up in the forum and lead it pal. Not sure I'll make it but I'm sure some would be interested.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
      I'm cool if anyone else suggests a ride.

to be fair I'd rather follow another ride and ease myself in.

But I'm also a believer in not expecting others to do what you wouldn't do yourself. So I offered a ride. I'll not be offended if another ride is offered, or no one wants to try it. it's all good.

Any ride on Sunday that isn't the 50 Miler is good by me.

Sent from my mind using the force

Comment

We can have a chat about it on the Castleton ride next Sunday

R
        carpe diem

It's rad, man!

Comment

Working...
        X