Hello chaps and lasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello chaps and lasses

Just a quick hello from a newbie over on the wirral. My name is Mark and I'm 44 and I have been mountain biking for around 10 years. Degla is my closest trail and I have done the usual suspects (CYB, machno, marin etc) Been over to rivi and ladybower but not much lakes stuff so that's on my list.

Had a spell on an ebike which while fun still took a bit of the my own effort / sense of achievement away for me so back on an analogue bike and loving it!

Anyway thanks for reading and I will just have to keep my eye out for an intro ride in the near future.

Cheers Mark

Welcome Mark. We've just had an intro ride last weekend, but there'll be one in the new year I'm sure.

Interesting that you've gone e-bike then back, most reckon once they've tried them they are like biking heroin!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Cheers for the response. I might be the only rider to go back to anologue and i was worried doing so but for me it was the sheer weight of the thing that stunted the fun. It does iron out hills but the levo was 25kg ish and there was always that nagging feeling that it wasn't for me.

On a Whyte t130 now and it's night and day on the fun factor. My perverse outlook of preferring to grind it out rather than press the bail out button when things got tough probably didn't help the situation but that's just me.

Cheers Mark

Comment

Sounds like just the spirit we like!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
        If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Hope your enjoying the Whyte. If I’m right it’s my old bike.....

You’ve just missed this months intro ride by the way. It was at Llandegla on Sunday.

Cheers

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Dave

Comment

Welcome to the club next intro ride poss end of the month

Comment

Welcome,

apparently some some bikes were being pushed up hills in Degla a couple of weeks back causing queues.

good choice on the bike btw
              I used to be faster...…...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveGreaves View Post
                Hope your enjoying the Whyte. If I’m right it’s my old bike.....

You’ve just missed this months intro ride by the way. It was at Llandegla on Sunday.

Cheers

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                You are very correct Dave! What a fantastic bike it is and the main reason my mojo is back after a year on the e bike

Will be looking forward to the intro ride early next year.

Cheers Mark

Comment

We very often ride over crimbo week, so it may be you can tag along.

sounds like you can pedal a bit
                  I used to be faster...…...

Comment

I have lost a bit of fitness being on the ebike but getting back on the analogue wasn't as bad as I had thought due to the weight of the levo and then jumping on dave greaves old bike I was surprised at how the t130 pedals in comparison to an ebike in 33% eco mode.

Degla black with the b-line was getting done in under an hour which sounds great but it over in no time without really enjoying it. That probably sounds weird but that's what I felt. The ebike was great for the honeymoon but after that it got me frustrated.

And that's before the battery, motor, warranty issues!

Cheers Mark

Comment

Hello and welcome!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X