Hello newbie now on the right page hopefully

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello newbie now on the right page hopefully

Hi to everyone in the group....just joined the group so introductions from me.....Gerry age 61 yes gasp 61 and re-engaging with mtb..10years plus since I did any...From the Ashton area....will probably be a few months before you see me on a ride as need to build up fitness levels....would just like to ask a few questions for some feedback...
    Currently have an old mtb so want to upgrade.....on the rides the club does would you recommend I buy a full suspension or a hard tail....what type of travel depth on your suspension do you go for....is 120 enough for rides or something bigger?...any thoughts on fat bikes do many members use them and then finally does anyone ride an electric mtb....like the idea of a boost up the hard bits....thanks in advance...Gerry

Travel / ebikes / fat bikes / upgrades is a massive can of worms Gerry.

Most members tend to have a full suspension bike, and most tend to have a hardtail of some description which tend to suit more local or shorter rides out.

Travel on or around the 130mm mark is about perfect, but a bit less or a bit more are popular too.

We've a few ebike riders who really like theirs and the rest are human powered. There's a few e-curious riders though.

If you post up with an idea of your budget and brands you like and you'll get more advice. There are very few bad bikes out there nowadays.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Hi Gerry, welcome.

There was a time when we frowned upon eBikes.

Cheating. What if the battery runs out or fails, can they make it back to the car under their own steam. Etc etc.

Now that they're becoming more mainstream and quite a few members have bought them, we're all coming around to the idea.

I've personally been looking at the Specialized Turbo Levo recently. Not bad money in comparison to what they cost just 12 or 18 months ago. I'm not sure I really need one yet but they do seem fun [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Dave thanks for the reply.....the budget is flexible and realise if I want a haibike its going to be £2500 upwards...the two I can't decide between are Haibike SDURO HardSeven 4.0 or Haibike SDURO FullSeven 3.0 or pushing the boat out even further Haibike XDURO Allmtn 2.0. or 3.0....at the moment sticking with haibike as the choice of e mtb as they are kind of the pioneers in this field.

Comment

Hello newbie now on the right page hopefully

Hi

Sorry I posted the below on the wrong page so have cut and pasted it to here....

Hi to everyone in the group....just joined the group so introductions from me.....Gerry age 61 yes gasp 61 and re-engaging with mtb..10years plus since I did any...From the Ashton area....will probably be a few months before you see me on a ride as need to build up fitness levels....would just like to ask a few questions for some feedback...
          Currently have an old mtb so want to upgrade.....on the rides the club does would you recommend I buy a full suspension or a hard tail....what type of travel depth on your suspension do you go for....is 120 enough for rides or something bigger?...any thoughts on fat bikes do many members use them and then finally does anyone ride an electric mtb....like the idea of a boost up the hard bits....thanks in advance...Gerry

.the budget is flexible and realise if I want a haibike its going to be £2500 upwards...the two I can't decide between are Haibike SDURO HardSeven 4.0 or Haibike SDURO FullSeven 3.0 or pushing the boat out even further Haibike XDURO Allmtn 2.0. or 3.0....at the moment sticking with haibike as the choice of e mtb as they are kind of the pioneers in this field.

Comment

Welcome Gerry
            [MENTION=1883]Maxpower[/MENTION] had the haibikes so may be able to advise, and there may be better options if you go ebike,

i would go hard tail, and build fitness .

although I also have a whyte t-130 full suss which is in your budget and is a great bike
            I used to be faster...…...

Comment

Working...
            X