Hi All newbie looking for good rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi All newbie looking for good rides

i live in Formby an i am 46 and do a lot of riding in Formby, Freshfield and Ainsdale woods. would like to go further and find new trails and a club would be great to do that i think, when the snow is on the ground i try to ski when i can in the lake district. maybe not as hardcore as some i have Voodoo Bizango which for the money is a good enough me. i would consider myself fit but not what i was or can be but working on that.

Welcome pal. We have a member or two out your way, I'm sure they'll say hi.

We ride every Tuesday and Thursday generally - these are likely the best rides for you try to see if you want more and to do the bigger weekend rides.

Plan for about 15 miles and 1000ft of climbing in about 2 1/4 hrs as a fitness benchmark.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Paul, few of us local to you but we all have fat bikes with what’s on your doorstep as Stu says the Tuesday and Thursday night rides are a good starting point as round here there’s no hills and most of what the club does involves hills
      Eat, sleep, ride, repeat

Comment

Hi jimnesia yes see alot of fat bikes around Formby, tend to use the woods between Devils hole and and Ainsdale which normal tyres are fine, just one place by the golf course, do alot of evenings in the woods got good lights etc really good.

Comment

Hi Disco_stu, hills yes are make it a lot harder and we dont have many in September did 15 miles to the the Grizdale north face trail and did North face and 10 back to where we where staying, pretty tiring but did it. will need to get fit to keep up with you guys mind but yes. i am pretty busy next 2 weeks but can maybe make a ride on the 19th or 21st of March.

Comment

Hi Paul

I am over in Ormskirk and tend to use the Cheshire Lines in my local routes to get some miles in and Cleeves Hill, which is the only hill, for some climbing.

Can recommend the Skyride on Tuesday as a good gauge of fitness and what the club ride are like.

Comment

Hi Keef sounds good i get on the Leeds Liverpool canal Haskanye so can get around there easily, i am going to give Parbold Hill apparently there are some of road rides there too, Formby woods are good but they are very steep but short bursts i just keep repeating, Skyride sounds good next week i would be able to make it to a ride see what its all about, off ski ing in the lakes tomorrow so cant make Tuesday.

Comment

keef Cleeves hill is that the road from Formby past West tower onto the A59 going into Ormskirk?

Comment

Originally posted by paulhayes View Post
                  keef Cleeves hill is that the road from Formby past West tower onto the A59 going into Ormskirk?
                  Yes- the hill on the right before get into ormskirk plenty off road tracks up and down cleeves into lydiate maghull over to Crosby formby

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi all had my bike stolen from the garage a few weeks ago, back in business now with much better security, can you let me know when the next SKY ride is please

Comment

Hi all had my bike stolen from the garage a few weeks ago, back in business now with much better security, can you let me know when the next SKY ride is please
                      Tuesday night. Ride off just after 7pm.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Paul but glad your sorted again.

Like Peter says, just rock up at the waterside at 7pm any Tuesday and say hi.

Comment

yes cant make Tuesdays as my other half plays netball on a Tuesday, let me know when there is a weekend ride cheers Paul

Comment

yes cant make Tuesdays as my other half plays netball on a Tuesday, let me know when there is a weekend ride cheers Paul
                            If it needs to be a weekend ride then you'll likely need to keep an eye out for an intro ride. Most weekend rides are only open to members. Tues and Thurs normally open to all.

Comment

Working...
                            X