Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wirral based rider (50) 12 months off, looking for evening/weekend riders to get out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wirral based rider (50) 12 months off, looking for evening/weekend riders to get out

Looking for a friendly bunch to ride out with to get my fitness back up and have a laugh
    Was doing 90 miles per week up until late 2017. Now looking to get back to my beloved two wheels
    No ego, sense of humour and love to ride, looking for like minded people preferably Wirral based to get back to riding and enjoy

IAIN

Not sure we have too many over the water but we periodically ride in Wales and at Llandegla in particular.

Where have you been riding Iain?

Comment

I had a Wirral 30 mile coastal route that I was doing 3 times a week. Then a hernia put a stop to that
      I have been to Llandegla quite a bit. I’m not mega technical, just love riding and I was really looking
      for a group to get back out with, ideally locally to begin with, then try some proper club stuff

Comment

Sounds like some basic fitness work will get you up to speed in short order.

There is no hard and fast guide about how fit / skilled you need to be but I've always thought if you can get around the black route and Llandegla you're going well enough for most club rides. There will always be some that need more than that (some a lot more) but it's a good benchmark.

As in the first post I think you might struggle to find too many local to you. The club is primarily St Helens / Widnes / Warrington based. Maybe there are a few over your way and they'll post up.

Comment

Thanks Peter
          Am I being dumb because I cant find any info on the Newbie rides?
          IAIN

Comment

Working...
          X