Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Warrington Area

Hi All

Newbie From Warrington, First Time joining a MTB Club, looking at getting back on the bike, meeting people with the same interest and having a laugh along the way.

Currently got a hardtail which I use around the Moore nature reserve tracks, Searching for a second hand full Sus next month for longer trail rides and bike parks. any recommendations ?

John.

Welcome John.

There are plenty of people in and around Warrington so you'll have no shortage of people to ride with.

Recommend you join a Tuesday night ride from Carr Mill or jump on a Thursday night ride which normally start in the South of St Helens. You'd need good lights for a few more weeks but it won't be long until we'll be going around without. This weeks Thursday ride is starting in Burtonwood.

A lot of options available in the mtb market these days. What bike are you riding now?

Comment

Cheers,

I’ve Just ordered some lights so when they arrive I’ll look at joining the Tuesday/Thursday rides.
      Currently got a voodoo bizango HT, looking around the £750 mark for a second hand full sus

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH94 View Post
        Cheers,

I’ve Just ordered some lights so when they arrive I’ll look at joining the Tuesday/Thursday rides.
        Currently got a voodoo bizango HT, looking around the £750 mark for a second hand full sus
        Good stuff. Hope to see you on a ride soon then.

You might find £750 for a full sus a bit tight even in the second hand market. There are things out there for sure but not a lot.
        I'd recommend getting the most out of your hardtail to start with and when you start needing more bike look at getting a more aggressive hardtail or then look at a full sus. Keep saving the pennies until then.

Comment

Welcome John.

I may well have a 2013 Canyon Strive coming up around that money very soon.

It might not be what you're looking for however, it's the final year of the 26ers. Excellent big hitting tail bike though no matter the wheelsize.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome John

Comment

Originally posted by Disco_Stu View Post
              Welcome John.

It might not be what you're looking for however, it's the final year of the 26ers. Excellent big hitting tail bike though no matter the wheelsize.

What's up with 26 inch wheels Stu? My favourite wheel size.

Welcome to the club John.

Comment

Originally posted by Disco_Stu View Post
                Welcome John.

Cheers I’ll keep that in mind,

Currently looking at a 2015 mondraker foxy stealth for around £850, any opinions on that bike?

Comment

Good bikes from all accounts John, but possibly take a little bit of getting used to with the zero reach set-up.

Comment

Finally got round to getting another bike, canyon spectral 0.7ex,

looking to get down on Tuesday or Thursday which is a better first ride ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally got round to getting another bike, canyon spectral 0.7ex,

looking to get down on Tuesday or Thursday which is a better first ride ?

Tuesday night the best starter as it's always at the same place. Thursday changes location most weeks.

Comment

Ok cheers peter, Tuesday better turn out aswell I guess? I’ll look at coming over next week or week after

Comment

Ok cheers peter, Tuesday better turn out aswell I guess? I’ll look at coming over next week or week after

Turn out varies on both rides week to week. Just depends who's about and what else is going on that week.

Comment

Working...
                          X