No announcement yet.

david reece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to change our insurance then, bloody joke! Insurance this insurance that, has anyone EVER claimed off or against our insurance?

I would have thought that with so many 'qualified' riders in the group we would be able to accommodate this lad.

He can legally shag his bird but can't ride a bike with others on a ride out?!

FFS, he's a whole 3 feet taller than pieeater and he got in

Comment

well said mate hope the leader will consider this

Comment

Its more than insurance reasons.

Comment

what else?

Comment

CRB checks would have to be introduced at another cost to the club, responsibility and liabilities for a minor and although you would agree to pay half the petrol giving lifts can add upto 2hrs on a Sunday run (depending on geographical locations) taking and returning. Under 18's are allowed in the club if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian responsible for them which takes the onus off the clubs administration, ride leaders and fellow members.

NCR arnt governed by all this and normally are more local, so doing away with the logistics side. Once again though you would have to be up front with the ride leader regarding your age.

In all honesty if i run a NCR i would take you along however if you were slightly younger i wouldnt. We are here to help and try and encourage but at the same time have to be careful we dont get to much into the legalities and responsibilities that starts to impact on our own and clubs riding.

Comment

but its not like im 10 i can handle myself, but how would it add 2 hours the person driving is still going to go to the place wherever, and ye i will come on the ncr rides but if you can change anything so i come on the club rides it would be much appriciated

Comment

I used to pick up people from all over the place, by the time you have gone out of your way to pick them up, load all their stuff and get on your way (bare in mind there may be 3 people to a car) then it can quite easily add up. Years ago, before i joined the then secretary used to do this, picking up kids (not saying your a kid but as a non driver you get my drift)from all over and ended up ruining his day. He was spending an hour to pick everyone up, drive upto 2 hrs to get to a ride and only be riding for 3hrs before spending the next 3 hrs in the car getting back and dropping off.

Is there no family members, relatives or friends of the family who can come along with you?

Would also stress that getting on to a NCR is probably one of the best things you can do

Comment

The law is an ass and I'm no expert but by being under 18 (so a 'minor' in law) if anything happened to you on a club ride, you might not sue the club but your parents could. Unfortunately it's probably just too much hassle.......

You won't have too long to wait and I wish I had the same predicament....lol

Comment

ye i have a friend but i dont no weather he is in a club, and i was getting a lift, i would find my way to thm because there giving the lift, its kinda rude to ask thm to pick you up, there already giving you the lift

Comment

come on my parents wont sue the club, its my choice to go so if i get hurt its my fault no one elses

Comment

and ye if any ncr rides come on could you let me no thanks

Comment

I was secretary of a chess club and we had a similar standing, re: Juniors accompanied by parent/guardian.
                          It is just too much hassle for the committee (who incidentally do their duties FOC).

It is unfortunate, but reality.

Re: riding to pickup.
                          Again, reality check.
                          they may live 5-10 miles away from you.
                          Add on you carrying your extra supplies (change of clothes, spare food and drink, etc.) it's not a good idea.
                          And what if you damage your bike or get injured????

Comment

The other reality is that the club being sued is one thing, if action was taken against an individual then they could lose their homes (this applies to third party claims aswell).

As i said Dave, NCR with a big are the future

Also just to add a point which doesnt really belong here but just to throw out there. Ride leaders on a club rides are in no way liable for the riders that follow and do not get paid so cant be classed as a 'guide'
                            NCR may be posted by a person and also may name a person as a ride leader but they are also in no way liable for other people or their actions - this should be posted on every NCR thread

Comment

someone said i am liable for myself
                              but even i know i am unreliable

Comment

Dave, 10 / 10 for the positive attitude. Like most people have said, look for an NCR and have a taste. If you like it you can start getting all the bits you need or even a new bike. By the time your sorted you will probably be old enough to join. </SPAN></SPAN>

Comment

Working...
                                X