Just wanted to say Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hardnut View Post
    Strava works kinda like facebook, so you become friends etc.
    When you do the rides it shows your time then you can see who else done the ride, this can be Anyone.
    Thou once you add a few people you can get different tables with just thous friends/members rides etc.
    Thou its good at times just to look at the anyone table as there is always just one more person to try and beat, even if your quicker then all your mates.

Hunting for segments is just the case of knowing areas, so look around yours house first see if there any paths you know/use already and try them out. Then just go out explore somewhere you not been before as mtb is also an adventure then just riding the bike I think.
    Thanks again for the info, very helpful.

Comment

Hi,
      I'm in Sankey, there's a few nice off road rides round here. Have a look on Strava, explore for some segments and/or activities.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
      Last edited by silverscoob; 28-01-2014, 17:06.

Comment

Originally posted by silverscoob View Post
        Hi,
        I'm in Sankey, there's a few nice off road rides round here. Have a look on Strava, explore Sennett's segments and/or activities.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
        Thanks for that, will take a look now (this site is a wealth of local information).

Edit: I've been looking at Sankey, but I'm unsure what you mean by Sennett`s segments. I can't find any person or a route with the name Sennett (I have just zoomed into Sankey to manually find the segments. I don't know if this I am going the wrong way about it).
        Last edited by ArthurItus; 28-01-2014, 16:28.

Comment

Very friendly on here so no worry in asking, worse that can happen you can get is bit of banter

Comment

Originally posted by Hardnut View Post
            Very friendly on here so no worry in asking, worse that can happen you can get is bit of banter
            I deserve some banter for the way I'm struggling with the Strava interface (especially considering I used to be a computer programmer).

Comment

Swype! Should have been "search for some", segments or activities.

Change map to satellite you can zoom in closer then.

Comment

Don't forget to do the security thingy's round your home & put in place the right security settings on your profile!
                Sha...ting !!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoomer View Post
                  Don't forget to do the security thingy's round your home & put in place the right security settings on your profile!
                  Hi,

I have already done the hidden locations part. But the only other option I could find was for enhanced security either on or off (I have this currently off). Is that about the same as it should be?

Comment

Originally posted by silverscoob View Post
                    Swype! Should have been "search for some", segments or activities.

Change map to satellite you can zoom in closer then.
                    lol, I might well scratch my head looking for sennetts segment.

Comment

Hi Arthur, welcome. I too was a Three Sisters trackite, lived there! Had a tuff burner, then a silverfox, skyway, torker cobra and finally a haro group 1. I'm 39 so you never know we could have met

Regarding privacy, go enhanced then you can say yes or no to people who want to befriend you.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Comment

Night riding is ace.

Also helps with your reflexes.

Re: strava.
                        Just go ride then review which segments you have riddenn, unless you're dead competitive and want to go strava bashing

I'm sure you'll be riding with us soon and everyone knows their own area pretty well and will show you how to wring every last bit of fun out of an area.
                        Everywhere has hidden gems, can be quite surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by Disco_Stu View Post
                          Hi Arthur, welcome. I too was a Three Sisters trackite, lived there! Had a tuff burner, then a silverfox, skyway, torker cobra and finally a haro group 1. I'm 39 so you never know we could have met

Regarding privacy, go enhanced then you can say yes or no to people who want to befriend you.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
                          Hi Stu,

I'm in my mid 40`s so I was probably at the 3 sisters at a slightly earlier time than yourself (I would guess at 1983 - 1985). Some nice bikes you had there.

Thanks for the advice re Strava privacy

Comment

Originally posted by syk0 View Post
                            Night riding is ace.

Also helps with your reflexes.
                            I think the term "Running before I can walk" may be applicable as surely it is trickier in the dark, though I'll give anything a whirl once.

Comment

ignorance is bliss at times as in the dark you can only see what the light shows, so cant see all the danager, and by the time you see somthing at times your right over/past it. So it helps, just dont ride with eyes closed.

Comment

Riding at night makes you faster because of all the monsters in the dark chasing you
                                It's not the winning or the taking part that counts....it's the beer afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X