Hey guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys!

Hi, I'm Sam, I'm 24 and from Mobberley in Cheshire. I'm new to mtb so was wondering if theres any upcoming rides aimed at people new to the sport?

Hi Sam
    Welcome to the club there are no rides like that as such I'm sorry to say.
    But there are "newbie" and "non club rides" going on all year, maybe they are where you're at.
    Please let us know what bike/s you have, your current riding places and how often you get out and about.
    All the best

Comment

Hi [MENTION=3324]Sam[/MENTION], welcome to the forum.

We do a regular monthly newbie ride, usually 4hr duration and between 12 and 15 miles with a few hills thrown in.

This rides is both a taster and tester - you can see if you like the kind of riding we do and we can check you out to make sure you're fit and able enough.

I'd advise some preparation: regular 10 or fifteen mile off road rides to get your fitness up and develop your bike handling skills.

You don't have to be superman, just moderately fit and able. We're happy to help you develop and improve from that point onwards 😃

[MENTION=269]Kiwi[/MENTION] is running the next newbie ride at llandegla trail centre, there is a post in the introductory rides section of the forum that you can reply to.

Sent from my KC-S701 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Disco_Stu; 16-07-2016, 12:32.

Comment

[MENTION=269]Kiwi[/MENTION] I am a complete newbie and have only been out the once, borrowed my dads hybrid, which I know is not robust enough, so I will get a more suitable bike (hardtail?) at some point. I'm also going to go and get some coaching to boost my learning. [MENTION=1424]Disco_Stu[/MENTION] I'd be keen to try this Llandegla ride out. I could bob over the week before to get some prep in. Would there be anywhere at the trail centre that I could rent a bike, as I doubt the hybrid would cope?

Comment

Hi Sam, Google llandegla, I think they do hire bikes.

Sent from my KC-S701 using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=1424]Disco_Stu[/MENTION], I've had a proper look at the Llandegla ride thread and noticed it's a red and black trail, which will be too advanced for me, so I'll skip that one and in the meantime get some coaching. Do you know anywhere/ have any recommendations for courses?

Comment

Llandegla hire bikes, they also do coaching courses i believe.

If on facebook then check these guys out - https://www.facebook.com/ridemtbcoaching/

Comment

Welcome Sam

Catch you out soon

Comment

Welcome Sam!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome Sam, hope to see you on a ride soon

Comment

[MENTION=626]Saint Viper[/MENTION], thanks for giving me the link to Ride MTB Coaching, I'll def give them a ring. I've just booked myself a session with Llandegla on Sunday, can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                        X