Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatbike Rim Tape

Hiya guys!

Im looking for some orange rim tape for my fatbike, rim details are Single-wall w/ machined cut-outs, 80mm inside, 26" so im guessing i need 80mm width tape, also should i back it with white rim tape so the orange is more bright?

Which is best to get and where from, only places ive found are oit of stock for the 80mm :-( ?

This any good

http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/compon...FZcy0wodluwIcw

I back taped mine with yellow insulation tape to make the orange stand out BUT recon you'd be better using orange duct tape from the range, one lap inside out

Comment

Something like this

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/duck-tap...de/598818-1000

Comment

If it's for show then Duck tape is your answer.
        Plus they do it in patterns as well
        All the best

Comment

Cool thanks guys :-)

So do i just use the duck tape? And how would i put it on the rim as if i use the sticky side then wouldnt all the muck etc stick to it where the rabbit holes are?

Sorry for tge 'noob' questions, never had a fatbike before, the rims are all new to me!

Comment

Originally posted by R6 Phil View Post
            This any good

http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/compon...FZcy0wodluwIcw

I back taped mine with yellow insulation tape to make the orange stand out BUT recon you'd be better using orange duct tape from the range, one lap inside out

Yeh thats the stuff, but they out of stock for the 80mm, they only got 50mm but i think that too narrow?

Comment

Originally posted by tizdaz View Post
              Cool thanks guys :-)

So do i just use the duck tape? And how would i put it on the rim as if i use the sticky side then wouldnt all the muck etc stick to it where the rabbit holes are?

Sorry for tge 'noob' questions, never had a fatbike before, the rims are all new to me!
              Put one loop of tape round with the colour facing out of the holes so it doesn't stick to the rim. Then put another loop round the right way to hold everything in position, job done

Comment

Originally posted by tizdaz View Post
                Yeh thats the stuff, but they out of stock for the 80mm, they only got 50mm but i think that too narrow?
                I've got 50 on mine and it's ok

Comment

Haha great pic Phil, is that Fairy Glen?

Comment

Originally posted by TaZ View Post
                    Haha great pic Phil, is that Fairy Glen?
                    Yes it is David Kiwi took it at the beginning of the year the lawman is in hot pursuit

Comment

Looks like someone's having fun. Nice one Phil.

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Great stuff, thanks for the info guys! Hobby craft sell the orange duct tape so im going to pick some up tomorrow :-)

Comment

Originally posted by R6 Phil View Post
                          I've got 50 on mine and it's ok
                          cold wet day that R6, i remember having no feeling in my feet, ace pic by John that

Comment

Here we go! I got some duct tape from hobby craft :-)

DSC_0062.jpg
                            DSC_0063.jpg
                            DSC_0065.jpg
                            DSC_0067.jpg
                            DSC_0068.jpg

What PSI do you guys run, is 15 ok, wilk mainly be trail stuff?

Cheers :-)

Comment

15's a bit high I run between 8 and 10 but it is depending on where you ride, your weight and if you are carrying bike packing stuff
                              All the best

Comment

Working...
                              X