Heart Rate Monitor Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi mike,
    From the reading I've done since just before Christmas, I don't think any wrist mount monitors get a good review during vigorous exercise. Got to take it with a pinch of salt I think cos everyone's got an opinion, mostly people who haven't tried them I find. I've ordered one of Amazon and if it's crap it can go back. One of the benefits of Amazon is the easy returns. Looking forward to having a play tho. It does sound great if it does what it says tho.

Comment

Loving the rain maker reviews!

Comment

Hi Dusty,
        Happen to have a FiBit Charge HR (Black/Large) going spare. It's virtually brand new (about six weeks) and only selling as it was my son's and had to get him a Pebble watch for one reason and another. If you're interested let me know.
        £50?
        cheers

Comment

It's a fair point about the accuracy of the wrist mounted HR, but as long as you get one that's compatible with an ANT+ chest strap then you are covered either way

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
          Woollybacks Club Routes - http://www.gpsies.com/mapUser.do?use...thewoollybacks
          Members NCR - http://www.gpsies.com/mapUser.do?use...WoollybacksNCR

if you have a route you would like uploading, please email it to: woollybacksncr@gmail.com

Comment

Hi GeeBee,
            I dont have a chest strap. I have read that these are much better for readings, but Im not one for messing about putting one on and off every time I want a measurement / go for a ride.
            If the watch readings are loosely accurate, that will be a good enough measure for me, mainly because Im looking to see how I trend over months rather than a couple of hours.
            Also I have a Nexus X phone so the device needs to sync with Bluetooth, not ANT+ as I would need to buy a ANT+ thing for my phone which would just be something else to break/loose

Comment

Originally posted by silverscoob View Post
              Hi Dusty,
              Happen to have a FiBit Charge HR (Black/Large) going spare. It's virtually brand new (about six weeks) and only selling as it was my son's and had to get him a Pebble watch for one reason and another. If you're interested let me know.
              £50?
              cheers
              Hi Silverscoob,
              Thanks for the offer. My wrists are about 22" / 8 1/2" which I think rules out the charge HR strap size.
              That said, if it does fit I would love to take a look.
              If the Garmin is less than impressive, it WILL be going back.

Comment

Originally posted by dusty View Post
                Hi GeeBee,
                I dont have a chest strap. I have read that these are much better for readings, but Im not one for messing about putting one on and off every time I want a measurement / go for a ride.
                If the watch readings are loosely accurate, that will be a good enough measure for me, mainly because Im looking to see how I trend over months rather than a couple of hours.
                Also I have a Nexus X phone so the device needs to sync with Bluetooth, not ANT+ as I would need to buy a ANT+ thing for my phone which would just be something else to break/loose
                The ant+ strap is designed to talk to your fitness device rather than your phone. That's assuming your get a fitness device with GPS for tracking activities.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
                Woollybacks Club Routes - http://www.gpsies.com/mapUser.do?use...thewoollybacks
                Members NCR - http://www.gpsies.com/mapUser.do?use...WoollybacksNCR

if you have a route you would like uploading, please email it to: woollybacksncr@gmail.com

Comment

Many phones now also sense Ant+, my latest does, previous didn't hence buying the Bluetooth tckr strap.

Now I just use whichever one I can find!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Disco_Stu View Post
                    Many phones now also sense Ant+, my latest does, previous didn't hence buying the Bluetooth tckr strap.

Now I just use whichever one I can find!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                    To be honest I'd never heard of ANT before 2 weeks ago. I have checked and found my phone doesn't have it, so will have to stick with Bluetooth.

Comment

Working...
                    X