Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Bikes yes or no?

Hi,

Looking to get out on some rides, wanted to know what peoples thoughts are on e-bikes and if they are allowed on club rides.

Thanks

Yes they are allowed pal, and there are a fair few using them now.

From memory they are Giant and Specialized models making up the bulk of them in the club.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
    If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Dave, look forward to getting out soon with some of the members.

Comment

I ride an e bike on longer club rides, and they are generally accepted. E bikes have an obvious advantage on climbs, and I think the best approach is to ride at the speed of the group you are riding with . No point in dashing off ahead as that would be discouraging to others. Sure there are instances where it would be ok to do this, such as on a rocky climb which can be cleared on an e bike, but which would normalky be hike a bike , or if you want to go ahead to open a gate

Matter of common sense really and respecting the feelings of others in the group.
        If you are out on an e bike by yourself, then it would be ok to blast it round, e.g. if doing the Sam Houghton solo, but if you ride with a group, then adjust your use of power to fit in with the group.

Don't know what rides you have done on an e bike but conserving battery life is an important issue on longer rides.

Look forward to riding with you

R
        Last edited by roger; 04-08-2019, 16:46.
        carpe diem

It's rad, man!

Comment

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the reply, I fully appreciate it. I'm more of a mid / back of pack type person, I don't really like to race ahead of people, I'd prob end up off a cliff edge. I am yet to put the bike
          through its paces, done daily commutes (16 miles) ish each way for a couple of weeks, wanted to be with others when it comes to the more challenging stuff. I was concerned about the use of an e-bike as I know how hard some of the climbs can be. Really looking forward to getting out on it properly and will keep in mind everything you've said.

Cheers

Comment

Suggest you get some off-road riding in, and try to do some of the evening rides Tue Thu posted on the website.

R
            carpe diem

It's rad, man!

Comment

Working...
            X