Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, i am 51 and just started riding last summer mainly for fitness and to join my 2 lads. Now they leave me behind so would like to join like minded people for some fun and excercise.

Hi and welcome.

You might find your ride options a little limited within the club if you're just looking for exercise type rides. Even the easier rides require a fairly decent level of fitness and a decent quality bike to get around comfortably.

There is a regular ride on a Tuesday night open to non members that is good intro to the basic level of club riding. Keep an eye out for the 'Skyride' on the forum and join up with one of those if you can.
    A note that as the night are starting to get darker now you're likely to need a good quality set of lights.

In the mean time I'd suggest you just get out and ride as much as possible. If you haven't yet been out to Llandegla it's a good place to go and test your mountain bike fitness. There are Blue, Red and Black graded trails. If you're working in fitness you can work your way up through those grades. As a guide I'd say a more or less non-stop lap of the Red trail would equate to something at the easier end of our club rides.

Good luck and hope to see you riding soon.

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply, yes i have done a few trals, Llandegla i go to at about every 4 or 6 weeks we also have done Marin, Gisburn, Grizdale a few times, with trips to cannock, dalby, coed e brenin and winlatter as a weekend treats.. I have a hard tail for now its a rockhopper pro so its ok for what i need. I do blue and red trails, eith my lads doing red and blacks.

I have just got a set of lights for bike and helmet and will try them out on the coastal trail in formby, i have been riding 12 months or so.

Hope this gives a bit more info., i might tag along on a Tuesday as advised.

Thanks

Paul
      Last edited by Vosey; 22-08-2019, 20:17. Reason: Missed a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Vosey View Post
        Hi thanks for the reply, yes i have done a few trals, Llandegla i go to at about every 4 or 6 weeks we also have done Marin, Gisburn, Grizdale a few times, with trips to cannock, dalby, coed e brenin and winlatter as a weekend treats.. I have a hard tail for now its a rockhopper pro so its ok for what i need. I do blue and red trails, eith my lads doing red and blacks.

I have just got a set of lights for bike and helmet and will try them out on the coastal trail in formby, i have been riding 12 months or so.

Hope this gives a bit more info., i might tag along on a Tuesday as advised.

Thanks

Paul
        Sounds like you'll be fine on the Tuesday. Get along if you can.

Comment

Working...
        X