Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice with warranty issue

Hi guys,

After getting hyped about joining the club again, I came across an issue with my bike. Basically the drop seat cable had been poorly fitted where it enters the frame, water had got in, rusted and snapped the cable. The bike is about 2 months old at this point. I noticed rust around the grommet to then see that the sheath of the cable was worn down. I then looked at the opposite side to see that the hydraulic break hose is in a similar condition. After some hard work getting Tredz to deal with this, I received a call from them today to say they have fixed the drop seat cable, however I would have to pay to have the hose fixed as this was down to poor maintenance.

I’m at the point I want to tell them to shove the bike up their rear end, just wondering if I’m in my rights to do this or do I just take the hit and get my bike back to start enjoying it.

It’s around £90 to have this fixed at Thattos. I’ve attached some images to show the issues.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Internal cable routing causes more problems than it ever solved.

I'd expect that if a bike is only 2 months old you'd expect cables / hoses to last miles longer than that.

I've got cables that are years old and still fine.

I'd kick up a bit of a stink.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
    If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Maintenance issue after 2 months... Yeah sure. Unacceptable.

Comment

Bike maintenance - what is this you speak of???

Comment

Warranty issue I think pal
          I used to be faster...…...

Comment

Ask what was the supposed maintenance you would carry out on an internally routed dropper cable outer within the first 8 weeks of ownership.

Then kick up an absolute stink, email their MD and inform them you will be describing your experiences on Singletrack forum and the Facebook mountain bike pages that your follow unless they start to treat you as a valued customer.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys, I am annoyed by it all but ultimately keen to get the bike back and get out on it. After reading a number of their negative reviews it seems their build quality is questionable. They have informed me mondraker build the bikes and Tredz simply put the wheels on and check over the bike. I’m still waiting for a call back from them. Will see how it goes, It’s my understanding they get one attempt to repair before I can start pushing for refunds. Stu, I did ask them what maintenance I should be carrying out or how poor maintenance would cause the hose to wear down after just a few rides. Look forward to posting their response here.

Comment

Re: the "we just put the wheels on" stance.

That is bullshit, you buy the bike from the shop so your contract of sale is with them. If they are knowing selling a sub standard product then they need to fix any issues that arise, or check bikes over properly before hand to make sure any issues are ironed out.

This standard of shop work is why the first thing I do when I buy a new bike is strip it completely and then rebuild it properly to a good mechanical standard.

"look after your equipment and your equipment looks after you"

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
                If paying anything, don't forget to pm me with details, what it is for, and by what method. Cheers.

Comment

Hi all,

Quick update, Tredz have rang, refused to carry out the repairs to the hydraulic hose. So I get my bike back on Tuesday, not bothered by this, get my bike back and can start making progress, I will push it down the legal route as much as I can as its pure BS. Anyhow moving on, I will be looking to have the repairs completed ASAP at Thatto’s and be out the week after.

Comment

Working...
                  X