Friday 13th Ramsbottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 13th Ramsbottom

I'm planing on riding Ramsbottom to Darwen Tower on Friday starting @10am if anyone wants to tag along

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk
    The second mouse gets the cheese

I can't make 10am but I could do a ride this Friday starting from Hindley Hill starting at 2 in the afternoon, possibly even half 1. Let me know as soon as possible if you plan to attend.
    Some Fridays I am off all day and this 10am start @ Ramsbottom would not have been a problem. Friday 21st, for instance.

I am looking to find more people to ride with midweek (Monday to Friday) especially now that Aaron Martin has stopped coming out. I used to ride with him twice a week, usually Tue/Wed, but since he got this new job he never has any time.
    Last edited by Grannyjone; 11-12-2019, 13:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Grannyjone View Post
      I can't make 10am but I could do a ride this Friday starting from Hindley Hill starting at 2 in the afternoon, possibly even half 1. Let me know as soon as possible if you plan to attend.
      Some Fridays I am off all day and this 10am start @ Ramsbottom would not have been a problem. Friday 21st, for instance.

I am looking to find more people to ride with midweek (Monday to Friday) especially now that Aaron Martin has stopped coming out. I used to ride with him twice a week, usually Tue/Wed, but since he got this new job he never has any time.
      I'm free every Friday. Doing a ride tomorrow from Ramsbottom so I can visit some relatives

Comment

Oh right, the Hindley Hall one would probably be too much out of the way for that then

Friday the 20th I'm free all day so can travel and start earlier

Comment

Oh right, the Hindley Hall one would probably be too much out of the way for that then

Friday the 20th I'm free all day so can travel and start earlier
          I'm riding next Friday. Never done Rivington to Darwen, so would be up for that[emoji16]

Comment

I did this route yesterday

https://strava.app.link/5uXmvaO3p2

I would be happy to lead this as a club ride if there is any interest.

There is the option to extend it to Darwen Tower, which will add another hour on

Comment

I'm riding next Friday. Never done Rivington to Darwen, so would be up for that
              There's a good few ways of doing that one. From just 25k if you park at White Coppice, to 38-45k if you park at The Hall Barn. We will see, depending on weather, I may not be able to go at all if it is too cold and wet.

Darwen is good though I really like it and think it is probably the best hill in the West Pennine Moors.
              Last edited by Grannyjone; 15-12-2019, 23:17.

Comment

There's a good few ways of doing that one. From just 25k if you park at White Coppice, to 38-45k if you park at The Hall Barn. We will see, depending on weather, I may not be able to go at all if it is too cold and wet.

Darwen is good though I really like it and think it is probably the best hill in the West Pennine Moors.
                I'm going to have to cancel this Friday. I'm double booked with visiting family and friends.

I was thinking about starting at the barn and going over winter hill via smithhills

Last edited by DaveK; 16-12-2019, 06:48.

Comment

Winter Hill via Smithhills through to Darwen is a long route.
                  It's cold and wet at the moment so I feel put off quite often but motivation will definitely improve when the weather gets better.

Comment

I don't get to ride as much as I would like to. I just pick a day and a ride and just go and do it. If you wait for the weather you miss out so many good rides.

Comment

Working...
                    X